About NOV and Rig Technologies
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the worlds most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packagesthink top drives, iron roughnecks, drawworks, BOPs, and risersas well as complete land rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customers operational challenges. We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We're continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
NOV Pressure Control Group is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to join our team at 12950 West Little York. The main responsibilities of this role include\:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment and facilities.
- Perform adjustment of repair of items as required.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties that detect early signs of failure or maladjustment.
- Communicate and listen to operators, vendors and other maintenance personnel to ensure production readiness of machines.
- Work from machine design drawings, specifications and handbooks.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
Facility/Group Specific Responsibilities
- Provide emergency repairs, scheduled repairs and preventative maintenance of production equipment and facilities.
- Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines and facilities.
- Clean and inspect equipment, repair/replace broken parts.
- Communicate with the management team and maintain equipment work records.
- Responsible for all repairs and maintenance of machinery, equipment and facilities.
- Maintain safe work practices and comply with all NOV Company and HSE procedures and policies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area with proper housekeeping and origination of tools and supplies.
- Perform other work related task as required or assigned by management.
Education & Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to work overtime including weekends and holidays required.
- Ability to read and understand electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics.
- Two years previous facility maintenance and production equipment experience.
- Knowledge of PPE.
- Understand function of CNC machining equipment
- Working Knowledge of Facuc Controls
- Understanding PLC & Ladder Logic
- Ability to read machine manuals, technicial documents and internal vendor resources to research issues
- Ability to understand and use mechincal or electrical drawing or schematic to assist in repair of equipment
- Troubleshoot Hydraulic, electronics, software, electrical, pneumatic, high pressure coolant and mechanical systems
Perform preventive maintenance process /production equipment including but not limited to FIVES G&L, Mazak, Toyoda
- Working knowlwdge of 480 volt 3 phase electrical systems
- Experience utilizing measurement tools including but noit limited to micrometers, dial indicvators and various type gauges and calibers