National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers' full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world's most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packages-think top drives, iron roughnecks, drawworks, BOPs, and risers-as well as complete land rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customers' operational challenges. We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We're continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
NOV PCG Engineering Valve Group is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team at the PCG location in the northwest area of Houston.
- Provide engineering support on mechanical equipment.
- Conceptualize mechanical design solutions.
- Perform and/or supervise creation of design layouts.
- Perform and/or supervise creation of detail drawings.
- Perform tolerance studies and check design documentation.
- Research and specify purchased component parts.
- Create component and system level test plans and test fixtures.
- Create engineering reports documenting design efforts and results.
- Work with operations to identify product improvements.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Create manufacturing and assembly drawings as well as parts and bill of materials
- Respond to non-conformance and deviation requests to provide manufacturing support
- Create test, assembly procedures and engineering reports
- Perform root cause analysis of failures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10 years' experience in engineering and manufacturing
- Must have considerable valve engineering experience
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Knowledge of API 6A, 16C, DNV and ABS requirements
- Experience with AutoCAD, Solidworks
- Teamcenter preferable
- Microsoft Office