National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers' full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world's most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packages - think top drives, iron roughnecks, drawworks, BOPs, and risers - as well as complete land rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customers' operational challenges. We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We're continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
NOV Rig is currently recruiting for a Quality Manager to join our team at the McAlester, Oklahoma location. The main responsibilities for this role include:
Provide leadership and direction to the Quality Assurance personnel. Provide quality technical information in support of the manufacturing, sales, leasing and operations teams.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of staff including training, employee development, performance evaluation, hiring decisions, and the establishment of goals and performance objectives for assigned departments.
- Provide continual evaluation of department processes, methods, and activities to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
- Manage budget and expenditures.
- Responsible for all quality related processes at a facility or regional level.
- Provide support to manufacturing, engineering, sales and marketing.
- Effectively utilize the authority to acquire corrective action through management.
- Monitor, review and approve quality audits.
- Acquire working relationship with technical staffs of operators, contractors, agents and leasing agreements.
- Attend industry seminars and trade shows, as available and as specified.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; minimum of 0-6 years experience in a related field.