NORTHWEST HOUSING ASSOCIATION Tacoma, WA
- Posted: 28 days ago
Executive Director - Northwest Housing Association (NHA)
In advance of the retirement of NHA’s current Executive Director, the Association is seeking a successor candidate to begin working and training with the current Executive Director beginning January 1, 2022 leading up to the assumption of full responsibilities.
NHA was founded in 1974 as a not-for-profit trade association representing the manufactured housing industry. Membership eligibility and scope of work was later extended to all Systems-built Housing and Park Model RVs with members in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. NHA represents its members with lawmakers and regulators and carries out extensive consumer information and industry promotion efforts. Members are kept up to date on laws and regulations to ensure compliance and to assist in the success of the industry and the member’s businesses.
Under the direction of the elected Board of Directors and Executive Officers, the Executive Director serves as the Association’s Chief Executive Officer. The Executive Director leads employees, outside contractors and members to accomplish the goals of the Association as established by the NHA Board of Directors. The Executive Director assists the Board of Directors in formulating the Association’s mission, goals, objectives and related policies and is responsible for their implementation.
- Knowledge normally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in political science, public administration, or business management. College degree required.
- Demonstrated management skills and experience necessary to direct NHA to meet goals that contribute to the overall success of the Association’s members.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong written and oral skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of and/or experience with governmental affairs and lobbying with the state legislature, state regulatory agencies and local governments.
- Successful leadership experience working with boards and committees.
- Proven financial management skills including budget development, management and execution.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with other stakeholder organizations and associations that represent various elements of the industry.
- Ability to coordinate the crafting and implementation of the association’s legislative agenda through direction of contract lobbyists and close working relationships with other stakeholder groups.
- Solid computer skills.
Working Conditions and Travel
The Association’s small office in Olympia, Washington has a relaxed atmosphere with an Office Manager as the Association’s other employee. Attendance may be required for legislative hearings and various meetings of regulatory agencies. Occasional travel may be required, but currently meetings and travel are subject to current Covid restrictions and recommendations.
Salary and Benefits
The compensation package will be based on the applicant’s job qualifications and relevant experience.
Benefits are included with this role. We are in the process of finalizing the benefits package for this position.
Interested parties are invited to submit a resume, names and contact information of references and a letter of interest outlining qualifications. Finalists will be asked to submit to drug testing, background check and a credit check. Covid vaccination is required. No phone calls please.
November 1, 2021
Applicants may send letters and resumes to the following:
NHA Executive Director Search Committee
1530 Evergreen Park Drive SW
Olympia, WA 98502
NORTHWEST HOUSING ASSOCIATION
1530 EVERGREEN PARK DR SWTacoma, WA
HealthcareView all jobs at NORTHWEST HOUSING ASSOCIATION