Director of Quality Health Equity and Innov
- $102,136 to $169,321 Yearly
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the Director of Quality, Health Equity and Innovation.(DQHEI) is responsible for the implementation and evaluation of Population Health and Quality Improvement at NEVHC. The DQHEI is also responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating public health programs including immunization services, chronic disease programs, and health education/equity programs as per established goals and objectives . The Program Director maintains regular communication with program collaborators, external regulatory agencies pertaining to programs and internal stakeholders within NEVHC. This position is also responsible for development of the strategic plan and annual operating plan, and works collaboratively to apply innovative techniques to solve challenging programs and improve the quality and efficiency of patient care at NEVHC. The Director is a member of the Executive Staff supporting practice transformation and population management.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) & Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
1. Registered Nurse (RN) preferred. Bachelor’s degree required (Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Public Health, Health Administration preferred). Master’s degree required (MPH preferred), Commission for Health Education Credentialing (CHES) certification desirable.
2. At least three (3) years administrative experience in a community-based health or social service program working with low income, uninsured or disparate populations.
3. Knowledge and experience in curricula development required. Knowledge of principles of adult learning, motivational interviewing and other health education strategies. Previous teaching experience in a health care setting is highly desirable.
4. Thorough working knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and contemporary general office practices and procedures
5. Math skills sufficient to prepare routine spreadsheets, calculate/balance invoices/expense reports, and similar.
6. Excellent leadership skills.
7. Demonstrated supervisory skills sufficient to supervise from 5 to 7 employees.
8. Demonstrated managerial skills sufficient to manage from 5 to 7 employees through other supervisors and/or managers.
9. Computer skills in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), electronic health record systems, and database systems.
10. Effective verbal and written communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively with patients and others.
11. Very effective oral and written communications skills including public speaking experience.
12. Effective work organization skills.
13. Ability to work effectively as a team player.
14. Ability to be flexible and work in a changing environment.
15. Sensitivity to the different cultures represented among members and staff.
16. Demonstrated ability to listen and communicate with others in a professional and caring manner including sensitivity with individuals from diverse cultures and lifestyles.
17. Demonstrated ability to set priorities for tasks to work effectively in spite of interruptions and under minimal supervision. Self-starter, reliable and dependable.
18. Demonstrated proficiency with the electronic health record database within three months of attending training session(s).
19. Fluency in English (speak, read and write).
20. Fluency in Spanish (speak, translate, read and write) is preferred.
21. Ability to solve problems and make routine recommendations.
22. Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality about health care and other patient/client information.
23. Current California driver’s license, appropriate insurance coverage and a driving record acceptable to the NEVHC’s insurance carrier (if required to drive on the job).
Northeast Valley Health Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Northeast Valley Health Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
NORTHEAST VALLEY HEALTH CORPORATIONSan Fernando, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.