- Posted: over a month ago
We are currently offering a $10,000 sign on bonus for this position!
As a Registered Nurse, you'll be a member of the Integrated Team of the Adult Community Clinical Services Program providing assessment, treatment planning and service delivery processes for persons. The R.N. is responsible for providing monitoring of the medical and psychiatric status of persons and provides consultation in these areas in addition to direct interventions and care coordination. The R.N. also provides oversight of the MAP process and may augment the MAP protocol by administering medicine that MAP certified staff cannot administer. The Registered Nurse is a resource to the team and guides interventions that are health and medically related.
What you'll do:
- Engage people and partner with them to improve their health and wellness, achieve symptom stabilization and self-management, develop and/or restore skills impacted by mental illness and live a self-directed life.
- Assist people with psychiatric and substance use disorders to identify personal priorities, preferences, strengths, and interests in order to help them establish goals that support a life in recovery.
- Provide clinical and medical services in timely and flexible ways that are consistent with the principles and practices of trauma informed care and person centered approaches.
- Collaborate with persons to help them to write goals with specific action steps in order to develop effective treatment/rehabilitation recovery plans.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Safety Plans and Crisis Prevention and Response Plans in order to help prevent and mitigate risk factors.
- In collaboration with other members of the Integrated Team, participate in comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history, mental status, and diagnosis; physical health and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living and family structure and relationships.
- Lead or help in care transition and coordination efforts when persons enter or are discharged from hospitals, rehab facilities and other inpatient health care settings.
- Participate in the collaboration with Behavioral Health Community Partners, One Care, Case Managers and/or other Care Coordination Entities to improve or maintain the health status of persons served.
- Educates persons and staff in areas of diet, nutrition, meal planning and diabetic care.
- Participate in providing on-call services including on evenings and weekends per on-call schedule.
What you'll need:
- Education/Certifications: Registered Nurse (RN) in Massachusetts preferred, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) required. Must be CPR/First Aid & MAP certified within three months of hire (training provided).
- Experience: Must have at least one year of experience working with individuals with mental illness. Previous supervisory experience preferred, but not required.
- Other: Must have valid Massachusetts Driver’s license and access to a vehicle to attend community visits. Work from home eligible. Eligibility does not guarantee a work from home arrangement, any and all telecommuting such as work from home, needs to be approved by a manager in accordance with agency Policy HR54.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities
NORTH SUFFOLK COMMUNITY SERVICES INC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?