NORTH SLOPE TELECOM INC Anchorage, AK
- Posted: over a month ago
• Run 10,000# - 14,000# mini-excavators, flatbed trucks & possible dump truck
• Lead / supervise field crews of 3-5, including mentorship of general laborers
• Accurately read and interpret blue prints
• Maintain accurate field as-builts and daily time/task documentation
• Conducts self safely at all times, ensures a safe area for others, and completes required training, assessments and reports timely.
• Conducts THA or tailgate jobsite meetings for crew and complies with all client safety procedures.
• Some physical labor if needed assisting crew; may include clearing brush, hand digging, spotting equipment, moving materials, etc.
• Any other work for which you have the skills and ability to perform that furthers the goals of NSTI and meets the needs of its customers.
Skills Required (level required ties to level of position):
• Ability to safely run 10,000# - 14,000# mini-excavators, flatbed trucks & possible dump truck (hands on test required pre-hire)
• Displays ability to lead field crews of 3-5, including mentorship of general laborers
• Displays ability with knowledge to read and understand blue prints, to complete necessary field documentation (including: as-built drawings, time & task documentation)
• Demonstrate knowledge of OSHA safety guidelines and practical use of these guidelines as well as all other applicable safety laws and policies.
• Understands construction tools & how to use them
• Physically fit with daily endurance as outside work requires & can lift 50 lbs. unassisted
• Culture of Safety & PPE
• Basic Computer skills
• Effective and professional written and oral communication skills.
Performance Strengths (Competencies) Needed:
• Demonstrates self-performance mgmt. through planning, organization, & prioritizing.
• Communicates effectively, written & verbal, with supervisors, peers, & customers.
• Works independently with initiative & follow-through.
• Works cooperatively as part of a team.
• Exhibits professionalism with credibility, confidence, & punctuality.
• Demonstrates critical thinking by problem solving with use of research, analysis, innovation, flexibility & decisive decisions.
• Understands fiscal responsibility through appropriate use of materials, labor, & equipment.
Personal Traits (Core Values):
• Performs with accuracy & quality
• Displays integrity, honesty, & ethical principals
• Treats others with respect & dignity
Essential Mental & Physical Functions:
• Mental acuity; Required to concentrate and focus for sustained periods up to 2 hours; worker is required to control emotions appropriately to professional environment. Self-aware to work safely around hazards. Comprehend English language to follow & report verbal & written instructions and data including all safety protocols.
• Visual acuity; Can see small components; read fine print. Worker is required to have normal range of depth perception & peripheral vision. Color recognition; must identify primary colors of red, green, black, & yellow and safety signage. Follow color codes when terminating cables or working with electrical components.
• Maintain balance & body equilibrium; Routine movement on slippery, uneven/unstable surfaces.
• Lift, pull, push, and carry a load. Material handling; Medium work - exerting up to 50+ pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Performs proper lifting technique from crouch to lift.
• Grasp, crouch, kneel, crawl, reach in any direction; Install & maintenance of telecom & electrical boards and/or componentry where located, utilize small hand tools (manual and automated), and computerized equipment with small controls.
• Standing & remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of up to 12-15 hours, with occasional breaks. Telecom installation & maintenance.
• Climbing; ascending or descending ladders up to 30 feet high, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, & poles using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. General installation.
• Heights; working on scaffolding and towers up to 30 feet high. [Tower specific JD requires over 30’ up to 300’often]
• Hazards; Includes a variety of physical conditions, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles and large equipment, electrical current, toxic substances requiring PPE, confined spaces, etc.
• Environment – The worker is subject to extreme cold: Temperatures typically -10 up to -50 degrees below freezing wind chill for periods of up to 12 hours, with occasional breaks. Requires Arctic Gear. Other factors – outside remote environmental conditions such as high wind, low humidity, and isolation.
• No Telecommuting. Tasks must be performed at NSTI or Customer site location(s).
Education and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• At least 3 years verifiable experience in Anchorage metro area with backhoe/excavator and trenching around multiple utilities
• Utility Experience Mandatory.
Successful candidates must:
• Possess an active Class A CDL and DOT medical card with clean DMV record, provide copy at interview
• Pass a pre-employment DOT drug & alcohol screening with on-going program participation.
• Pass fitness testing.
• Pass background screening that will not involve violence, weapons or drug/alcohol charges
• Have verifiable references of work performance
• Be able to fulfill rotational assignments by travel within state of Alaska approx. 50%
NORTH SLOPE TELECOM INC
ConstructionView all jobs at NORTH SLOPE TELECOM INC