NORSTAR Networks is looking for Business Development Representatives to help us continue our meteoric growth. As part of our Business Development team, you will play a key role in driving success and rapid growth for cloud services. View our 3-minute video on "How we help business and IT Leaders" on our homepage www.norstar.net.
We're on a mission to transform global workplace communication, and we need your help. How do you prefer to collaborate with your colleagues? By phone, video, instant message, or even text? NORSTAR is making it easy for businesses to embrace the modern, mobile workforce. We offer a single cloud, premise or hybrid platforms that include these technologies for fast, smart communication that’s brilliantly simple.
Who you are: You’re ready to catapult your career with one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UCaaS market. You inherently love being surrounded by highly intelligent, dedicated, and motivated peers pushing you to be better. You have an intense work ethic, an interest in developing a business, sales acumen, an insatiable desire to grow and learn, and want to be surrounded by A+ teammates in a culture of excellence. If that’s you, then we need to talk!
Responsibilities: What you’ll do: Our BDRs work to identify and prospect potential customers to understand their communications systems and enable a conversation with a member of our Technology Consulting Group.
- Work directly with our Marketing & Business Development Manager to execute a territory plan by identifying and prospecting target accounts to uncover new business opportunities
- Determine prospects' current communication structure and effectively articulate the value of unified communications solutions
- Consistently achieve (and exceed!) quarterly quotas and goals
- Average 80 outbound calls per day
- Email and CRM management
- Conduct yourself professionally, and cast NORSTAR Networks in a positive light
Qualifications: What we need from you:
- Persuasive, assertive, honest with proven record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Intelligence and intellectual curiosity - a growth mindset
- Gregarious, outstanding verbal communicator over the telephone
- Passion, Drive, Character, and Coachability
- Thrive in a fast-paced, challenging (FUN) technology environment
- Active listener with ability to learn and absorb material quickly
- Self-motivation with a constant sense of urgency
- Attention to the details; organization and a metric-driven approach to data management
- A BA or BS from a 4-year college or university preferred
Not a must, but a plus:
- Prior experience in a rapidly growing technology company
- Sales experience
- Experience using Salesforce, and other sales productivity tools
NORSTAR Networks has created a new generation of employees replacing the old stereotype salesperson with a much more enticing career opportunity: Consultant-style roles based on purpose-driven work, independence, and entrepreneurial thinking. Our highly skilled, trained and certified Unified Communications Consultants guide prospects through a complex problem-solving process, matching their needs with the right services from world leading UCaaS providers like Cisco, ShoreTel-Mitel, Ring Central, Microsoft, Apple, Google, 8x8 and others.
Our top salespeople are technologically adept and inclined to use every tool and piece of data available to them to win business leveraging technology to evolve with a changing sales funnel. They innately understand concepts such as outbound and inbound marketing, prospect data and social selling, all of which are transforming the B2B sales model. Our corporate marketing efforts provide significant support in creating both your corporate and personal brand identity, continually innovating and increasing digital strategies for business development and client acquisition.
World-class employers like NORSTAR Networks don’t pitch a position; we offer you a career with stability and longevity. We value people over profit, doing what’s right, meeting our commitments, honesty, loyalty, dedication, teamwork, collaboration, contribution, celebration, our mutual financial success, and recognizing the people that deliver our 96.7% Net Promoter Client Satisfaction Rating.
Why Work Here?Since 1987, NORSTAR has led the way with innovative business communications solutions. Onsite or in the cloud, we've got the best business communication solutions from world leading partners like Avaya, Cisco, ShoreTel, Microsoft, Verizon and others. NORSTAR Networks has been recognized by VAR Magazine among the best nationwide in delivering world-class customer satisfaction with a 96.7% Net Promoter Score rating. That’s why FORTUNE 500 Companies like ABC, Allstate, CBS, Century 21, Delta Airlines, Dial, FedEx, FOX Television, Merck & Co., NBC, Prudential, Red Cross, Waste Management and over 4,000 other successful firms trust us to manage their highly complex communications systems.
Take advantage of the industry's meteoric growth projection among a highly-skilled team of experts to grow personally and professionally.