Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients' expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Senior Accountant applies principles of accounting to process various transactions, analyze financial information and prepare periodic management information reports.
- Gathers, analyzes, compiles and summarizes project level transactions for accurate and timely recording in the company financial records.
- Prepares accruals and general journal entries as appropriate.
- Reconciles project level activity to the underlying documents to ensure transactions are consistent with the contract terms and conditions.
- Reconciles project related balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, including bank accounts.
- Develops, manipulates and maintains complex accounting spreadsheets and assists in preparing monthly financial and operating reports.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of accounting controls.
- Assists in the periodic analysis of the variance between actual and planned operating results.
- Independently and effectively works with Company operational staff and others to assure the proper and timely submission of a wide variety of accounting related materials.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Train and mentor Accountants and other accounting staff including reviewing work to ensure accuracy and proper financial presentation.
- Drive streamlining processes and best practices implementation working with operations and accounting.
- This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in accounting or related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years of directly related accounting experience.
- Advanced proficiency working with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to operate calculators and PC keyboards by touch.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities to assure deadlines are met. Results oriented with the ability to respond to the needs of the department and Company.
- Requires a valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS' vehicle insurance policy.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors: environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to be done inside
Description of environment: Standard office environment
Physical requirements: Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation ...