Aquatic Exercise Instructor
We are seeking an Aquatic Exercise Instructor to join our team! The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment and is committed to health and fitness.
Under direct supervision of the Aquatics Director of Nexxt Level Aquatic Center, the Aquatic Exercise Instructors will provide instruction for aquatic exercise classes, as well as monitor patrons and educate patrons on fitness and safety, while maintaining a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
- Teach scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provide adequate warm-up, exercise, stretching, and cool down. Prepare progressive exercise plans for program participants.
- Instruct patrons on effective workout methods; explain proper techniques, demonstrate exercises; identify different muscle groups, and teach appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Collaborate with Aquatics Director Exercise staff to develop new and progressive aquatic exercise programs
- Prepare appropriate class content, equipment, music, and handouts for each class.
- Assist patrons, answer questions, and maintain a positive exercise experience for members and class participants.
- Keep management informed of pool activities, facility needs, and significant problems.
- Ensure that safety standards are met, and that department and facility policies are adhered to.
- Secure a qualified substitute when needed.
- Enforce and follow aquatic rules and policies.
- Record and maintain attendance records.
- Act as a primary responder in case of injury, accident, or illness and be knowledgeable of emergency procedures.
- Provide backup to lifeguards as needed in emergencies.
- Report injuries and complete required forms.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to managing visitors and guests at our facilities. Complete all child abuse prevention training as required. Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess current Red Cross CPR certification.
- Must possess current Red Cross Standard First Aid certification.
- Certified Instructor (AEA, ACE, AFAA), water specialty/certification preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology and training principles.
- Knowledge of water aerobics teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, cueing technique, and rhythm.
- Choreography and music skills.
- Ability to be professional and motivate class participants.
- Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members.
- Previous experience as a personal trainer or in other related fields
- Ability to train at all fitness levels
- Passion for health and fitness
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally must aide in the rescue of drowning swimmers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must have a high degree of energy, be physically fit, and have the endurance to complete the workout. Must also be able to project voice over the noise of the pool so that the class participants are able to hear the instructions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee Aquatic Exercise Instructor encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, pool mechanical systems. The employee occasionally is exposed to wet and dry conditions, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, and loud when in the facility.
Compensation is based on experience!!!