Job Title: Business Manager
Reports To: Partners
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Business Management
Summary: Manages designated Client Service Team while acting as liaison between staff/clients and Partners.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Supervise and mentor designated Client Service Team staff.
· Communicate with Partners, staff, and clients regarding business management and financial matters.
· Delegate work amongst Client Service Team staff.
· Assist Partners with special projects, including but not limited to, real estate transactions, cost analysis, and customized financial reporting.
· Attend and conduct client financial meetings.
· Review client meeting packages for accuracy and content.
· Review financial statements, tax returns, and final product documentation.
· Assist Partners in analyzing client performance and forecasting.
· Participate in performance review of staff.
· Assist Partners in potential new client due diligence.
· Assist in Department hiring.
· Review tax projections and quarterly estimates.
· Attend CPE and in-house tax workshops.
· Network and participate in professional groups/societies.
· Work extended overtime hours as needed.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in formulating the Client’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans and develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Develop performance measures that support the Client’s strategic direction.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Manage the accounting and business management team.
- Oversee the financial operations of Client Companies.
- Manage third parties to which functions have been outsourced (payroll, systems, banking).
- Implement operational best business practices.
- Ensure the issuance of financial reporting packages (annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly deliverables).
- Oversee the establishment of ad hoc financial modeling as needed and production of budgets and forecasts.
- Establish financial and operating metrics to measure performance.
- Reviews the schedule of all filings and reported information, providing accountability for accuracy and timeliness.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the Client’s risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the Client and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Ensure appropriate and reliable control systems are in place.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Monitor cash projections and forecasts and arrange for debt and equity financing.
Oral and Written Communication Skills
Fluent Command of English
Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Financial Statement Analysis
Entity and Individual Income Taxation
Intermediate level understanding of Finance, Real Estate, and Banking
Advanced bookkeeping competencies
Problem Solving Skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Proficiency in Windows
Education / Experience:
Bachelors Degree: Accounting degree preferred (3.0 GPA or better)
Certified Public Accountant or Enrolled Agent
5+ years’ related experience in Business Management field; Music Industry experience preferred
Physical Demands / Work Environment
Occasional standing, walking, crouching, and light lifting up to 15 pounds
Frequent use of hands and reaching with hands and arms
Regularly talking, hearing, seeing, and sitting
Moderate to loud noise level
Risk of electrical shock
NKSFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NKSFB has one of the largest business management practices in the country, representing many of the world’s top entertainers, musicians (recording and touring), producers, athletes, executives, high net worth individuals and entrepreneurs.
Today, Nigro Karlin Segal Feldstein & Bolno is one of the nation’s leading business management firms, specializing in the representation of high net worth and high income individuals, actors, writers, directors, producers, recording artists, athletes, executives, and other allied professionals in the entertainment industry. We are based in Los Angeles with offices in Encino, Sherman Oaks, Irvine, and New York.
With a staff exceeding 500 employees, we can provide your business with the expertise and breadth of skills common to a large international firm combined with the personalized service and dedication of a small practice.