Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
- $104,000 to $120,000 Yearly
Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, machines, and other mechanically functioning
equipment. Oversee installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties,
assignments, and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Design, develop and detail mechanical components, equipment, and machinery
• Apply knowledge of engineering principles to design products including involvement in the fabrication, operation,
application, installation, and repair of mechanical products
• Perform engineering studies to develop reliable and optimum material handling systems based on engineering
practices or customer requirements
• Communicate with customers, vendors, and departments as needed
• Prepare technical drawings and specifications of mechanical systems to ensure installation and operations conform
to standards and customer requirements
• Perform FEA and other computer-assisted calculations and analyses
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, and schematics
• Design and detail mechanical conveyor components by using AutoCAD or Inventor
• Interface with the fabrication/manufacturing team
• Support field modifications and commissioning
• Detail mechanical components and structural items to include dimensioning, Bill of Material updates, and
modification to existing/standard drawings
• Assist in the design and development of new conveyor systems and equipment, and standard cost evaluations for
new conveyor equipment
• Assist sales or technical service with the complete bid proposal development
• Design a complete working conveyor system, whether inverted, overhead, power and free, friction, EMS lifters,
attachments, etc., with supports, controls, timing, loading, stress, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Good problem-solving skills and a creative approach to new ideas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology, or equivalent program
• 5+ years of experience
• Proficient with AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, and Excel
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• 3D CAD experiences such as Solidworks and Inventor are a plus
• Ability to travel as required
Excellent Benefits and a sign-on bonus.
NKC of America designs manufactures and installs conveyor systems for the automotive industry.
NKC of America, Inc.
1584 E. Brooks Rd.Memphis, TN
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.