Front desk positions for experienced candidates also available.
Dental Assistant (X-ray Certified)– Pediatric Dentistry
Growing practice needs a part-time Dental Assistant for 1-2days a week. Potentially more hours/days as practice grows. Pediatric experience is preferred. Ideal candidate is someone who likes working with children, is outgoing, can multi task and is a team player. Should be committed to outstanding patient service, is extremely reliable, possesses strong interpersonal communication skills, has the ability to focus on details, and work as a team player.
- Educating the patient on brushing techniques
- Writing up patient charts and notes
- Creating treatment plans
- Taking radiography when needed
- Assisting with extractions, sealants, fillings, and pulp therapy procedures
- Maintaining a sterilized work environment
- Taking initiative with any additional responsibilities the Office Coordinator may assign
- Clinical skills required includes knowledge and understanding dental terminology and all dental procedures.
- Perform a variety of duties related to dental patient care directed by dental provider.
- Be involved in both the clinical and handling minimal clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks.
- Work well under pressure, communicate well, be professional to patients and work effectively with the dentist and staff.
- Candidate must have a Maryland X-Ray Certification
- Bilingual candidates preferred (English/Spanish)
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Open Dental Software Experience (valued)
- CPR Certified (required)
- Quick 4 hand dentistry skills
Competitive salary. Hourly rate $16.00 and above based on experience.