POSITION- Certified Athletic Trainer
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
The NJ Sports Performance Lab is dedicated to quantifying and optimizing sport performance. Our team of sports performance experts, exercise scientists and athletic trainers provide cutting edge evidence-based assessments, strength and conditioning, brain and vision training, sports rehabilitation, and recovery modalities to help athletes reduce risk of injury and perform at the highest level.
This position requires a dynamic, self-motivated, organized, and energetic Certified Athletic Trainer.
September – June
· Monday to Friday: 3:00 – 9:00
· Saturday: 9:00 – 2:00
June - September
· Monday to Friday: 9:00 – 5:00
- Direct and coordinate all prehab and rehab programs within the Sport Performance Lab Brand Methodology and Rehabilitation Guidelines
- Performs as Certified Athletic Trainer in managing the health care of athletes, patients and NJ Titans players. Health care includes, but is not limited to, first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation and application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, and therapeutic exercise with patients.
- Develop rehab and prehab programs
- Work closely with strength coaches and the Director of the Sports Performance Lab
- Monitor fitness and fatigue of the NJ Titans NAHL team
- Test and evaluate players’ physical fitness and cognitive performance with the Sports Performance Lab Assessment protocols
- Give facility tours to prospective athletes, patients, parents
- Collaborate with other team members including the Director of the Lab, Head Athletic Trainer, Physical Therapist assistants, and Coaches to streamline assessments, training, recovery, and rehab methods and protocols
- Keep Rehab and Recovery rooms and clinic area safe, clean and organized
- Maintain medical records
- Assist Strength & Conditioning department during training sessions if necessary
- Supervise assistant trainers, interns and volunteers as applicable.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills required to work effectively with players, athlete’s coaches and other team personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job
- Available to work varying schedules including weekends if necessary
- Be able to memorize the phone script and information on equipment, programs, and service offerings
- Well-organized, enthusiastic and positive goal setter committed to growing with the company
- Available to participate in promotional videos and media opportunities
- Strong communication skills, detail-oriented and have the ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Remain upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time*
- Must be licensed to work in the state of New Jersey
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
- MS (required)
- ATC (required)
- CSCS OR CSSS (preferred)
- Concussion Management: Baseline testing, retesting, and return-to-playPHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- You will begin accruing your PTO after 90 days of continuous employment
- 6 major Holiday’s (New Year’s day, Memorial day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas day)
- Tax Deferred Programs under AFLAC
- Medical and Dental insurance with participation
- Unlimited continuing education credits through our interactive online library of courses
- 401K Plan with company match
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000 to $50,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 /hour