Senior Non-Profit Program Manager (Hybrid) Child & Adolescent Health/Suicide Prevention - NJAAP-1140
- Posted: over a month ago
Sr. Program Manager- Hybrid- Non Profit
NJAAP is seeking a Full-Time Senior Program Manager (40 hours/week) to support the Chapters Maternal Child Health and Adolescent Health/Suicide Prevention Initiatives. These programs are grant-funded through the New Jersey Department of Health.
Note: This is a hybrid work position, based in East Windsor, NJ.
NJAAP is seeking a Senior Program Manager who will work in tandem with the NJ Department of Health (DOH), all divisions working on maternal child health and adolescent health. The Senior Program Manager will serve as a liaison between NJAAP, funders and other healthcare leaders to develop and implement statewide initiatives for healthcare providers and other stakeholders to increase access to education and resources related to maternal child health and adolescent health and youth suicide prevention.
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for working with the NJAAP program team, consultants, external partners and funders to ensure deliverables are met in accordance with program requirements.
- Actively participates in program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Participates in the design/development of project promotional materials, resource toolkit, training materials, assessment tools and surveys
- Identifies Subject Matter Experts to assist with program development and training
- Manages program staff to ensure coordination of all deliverables, including meetings, training sessions and events
- Prepares grant progress reports and works with program consultants to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Prepares and monitors grant budgets
- Oversees training for participating practices including site visits
- Oversees and analyzes data collection
- Coordinates and Facilitates Project ECHO training sessions
- Provides community education programs for health providers, parents/family members and other community organizations
- Assists with identifying community partners and recruiting primary care practices in target areas
- Other duties as requested by the CEO
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
The Senior Program Manager must have highly developed interpersonal skills and the professional demeanor necessary to deal effectively with constituents with a wide range of backgrounds and professions. She/he must be deeply committed to improving health for children and adolescents and to providing results-driven programs that have measurable impact. The Senior Program Manager must be prepared to represent the NJAAP in exemplary fashion in professional and public settings and must possess a deep familiarity with best practices and quantitative methods in public health.
Other key requirements for the Senior Program Manager position are:
- Supervisory experience, excellent writing and interpersonal skills, public speaking and facilitation skills
- Experience in grant writing, administration and working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Active participation in NJAAP team meetings and agency functions as a member of the NJAAP team
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Analytical skills sufficient to interpret scientific research and program outcomes data. Ability to integrate the findings from quantitative and qualitative data into organizational operations
- Ability to plan and coordinate programs and implement them on time
- Excellent computer skills, especially MS Office and database management
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and complete objectives with minimal supervision
- Willing to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends on occasion to meet NJAAP or program needs and priorities
- Bachelors degree required, plus 3-5 years of experience managing health-related programs; Masters degree in public health, health communications, public administration or other related field preferred
- Ability to drive to locations statewide for meetings and/or events with own transportation
- Ability to lift approximately 20 lbs
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
NJAAP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion.
NJAAP offers a competitive salary benefits for this position.
For additional information, or to express interest, please send a cover letter, resume or CV to email@example.com with the subject line Senior Program Manager, Maternal Child Health, Adolescent Health, Attn: Eric Mason, Senior Program Manager of HR.
NJ American Academy of Pediatrics
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?