Customer Care Representative
- $40,000 to $48,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Have you begun or are looking to start your career in the association space? Would you like to develop a passion for working with member associations and furthering their profession? Are you looking for your next challenge with an association that is in growth mode? Our opportunity is the kind that doesn’t come around very often.
NIGP is on the hunt for a Customer Care Representative to join our team.
A talented professional to join our dynamic group of professionals that will be deeply dedicated to advancing our members profession. While work experience and educational preparation are certainly important, we don’t just hire the best resumes, we hire talented individuals that are a great fit for our culture and values first.
We are looking for someone who wants to learn and grow their career, they should have an entrepreneurial spirit, a be inclined to ask questions. An individual that brings with them new ideas and is not afraid to be a part of success.
The Customer Care Representative is responsible for all incoming customer inquiries and order processing as an integral member of a one-stop Customer Care Center. As such, this position has a dramatic effect on our customer’s perception of NIGP and our ability to perpetuate organization growth, reputation and market penetration.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
· Responds to incoming customer inquiries
· Identifies and evaluates customer needs in alignment with NIGP’s products and services and employs cross-selling and up-selling techniques
· Manages event registration process, substitutions, transfers, cancellations and refunds
· Maintains a comprehensive understanding of NIGP’s Association Management System database and data management and ensures that data contained in NetFORUM is accurate
· Investigates and resolves issues with member transcripts
· Coordinates all membership retention communications
· Processes orders for products and services
· Researches and resolves billing and invoicing issues
· Handles and responds to general inquiries from seminar coordinators and instructors
· Processes and approves membership applications
· Processes and approves procurement career postings
· Researches and matches invoices to received checks and wire transfers
· Updates membership records and agency rosters
· Acts as first point of contact for members
· Acts as backup for member retention process
· Acts a backup for Mailroom Operations
· Works as Lead Executioner for member engagement campaigns and manages individual engagement projects
· Works collaboratively with other departments to develop engagement strategies
· Reaches identified metrics for engagement projects
· Processes Biannual Chapter Rebates
· Sends annual Chapter anniversary letters
Data Accuracy and Efficiencies
· Works with IT Department to identify and create efficiencies in processes
· Conducts membership data cleaning (dedupes, bounce backs, representative check, bad addresses, etc.)
· Yearly management of complimentary memberships
· Reviews and updates departmental SOP’s
Your Ideal Skills and Abilities:
· Strong, detailed, working knowledge of NIGP products and services so that incoming calls and email inquiries are resolved quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction
· Strong, detailed, working knowledge of NIGP’s pricing structure and incentives for those products and services.
· Strong working knowledge and proficiency in use of software and data programs utilized by NIGP (i.e. NetFORUM, MS Office)
· Ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
· Ability to balance numerous competing priorities ensuring outstanding levels of customer service while simultaneously meeting deadlines for other duties.
· Ability to understand and complete business processes and make suggestions on improvements and/or corrective measure to potential issues
· Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with both internal and external customers
· Ability to be flexible and resilient
· Self motivation and independent thinking skills
· Strong problem- solving skills
· Outstanding verbal and written communication and cross-functional team skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Team-oriented skills
Your Minimum Qualifications are:
· Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to:
· High School Diploma or G.E. D., Associates Degree or higher preferred but will consider experience
· 2+ years of customer service experience
· Experience with CRM software is preferred
At NIGP, we are committed to provide competitive salaries that are equitable and reflect the requirements and responsibilities of the position. In addition, we continuously benchmark our benefit package.
This position is based out of our Herndon offices and is not eligible for 100% remote work.
Effective August 1, 2023, NIGP became 100% virtual for most employees. We will retain offices in the Herndon area for employees who are local and within a commutable distance (under 100 miles). This is the office where NIGP employees gather for events. At NIGP, we are committed to provide competitive salaries that are equitable and reflect the requirements and responsibilities of the position. In addition, we continuously benchmark our benefit package.
NIGP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
EOE M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Awesome benefits package! Fun place to work!
NIGP: The Institute for Public Procurement. Developing, supporting and promoting the public procurement profession through premier educational and research programs, professional support, technical services and advocacy initiatives that benefit members and constituents since 1944.With over 3,000 member agencies representing over 15,000 professionals across the United States, Canada and countries outside of North America, the Institute is international in its reach. Our goal is simple (though maybe not so easily attained): recognition and esteem for the government procurement profession and its dedicated practitioners. Effective August 1, 2023, NIGP became 100% virtual for most employees. We will retain offices in the Herndon area for employees who are local and within a commutable distance (under 100 miles). This is the office where NIGP employees gather for events. At NIGP, we are committed to provide competitive salaries that are equitable and reflect the requirements and responsibilities of the position. In addition, we continuously benchmark our benefit package. NIGP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
13800 Coppermine RoadHerndon, VA
Get fresh Customer Care Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.