Who We Are:
Founded over 35 years ago, NIC Industries Inc.'s vision was to manufacture coating products that would truly have a global impact. NIC now manufactures industry-leading coatings that are distributed and sold in nearly 90 countries around the world. Cerakote, Prismatic Powders, and Performance Materials operate as separate divisions of NIC which has grown to be included in the top 25 largest paint and coating manufacturers in the United States. NIC’s customer base is as wide as its geographical impact, with applications in technology, aerospace, sporting goods, and the automotive industry.
What We Value:
INTEGRITY: An uncompromisable commitment to integrity is paramount to long-term success; victory without it is hollow and short-lived.
DEVELOPMENT: Continuous professional growth of our team is crucial to maximizing excellence, innovation, and organizational resilience.
STEWARDSHIP: We must be good stewards of the trust we have earned from our customers, employees, and vendors.
TECHNOLOGY: Advancing core technologies through prioritized, focused investment is vital to the success and endurance of our company and our customers.
INVESTMENT: Investment of all company resources must be made with calculated planning to achieve an intentional outcome.
The NIC Safety Specialist will work for the ESHA Manager with the intent of serving the company by protecting life and health. The Safety Specialist will be an expert in requisite safety procedures and protocols, regulatory frameworks, and company operations. The ideal candidate will be required to engage on a professional, practical, and personal level with all members of the company in addition to NIC customers.
Essential Job Functions/major responsibilities: (Applicant/Employee must have the ability to perform essential job functions.)
- Monitors workplace daily to ensure all activity meets safety compliance standards.
- Works with the ESHA Manager to develop and implement the Company Emergency Action Plan, in addition to fire hazard mitigation measures.
- Responds to on-site incidents: conducts investigations, identifies hazards or faults causing the incidents, and advises a strategic plan to remedy the incident.
- Responsible for the documentation and report of work-related incidents.
- Coordinates with the NIC Regulatory Affairs Specialist to achieve safety objectives in waste management, safety data sheet development, and customer interests.
- Collaborates with other NIC departments to ensure compliance with safety regulations and company policies.
- Stays up-to-date with changing safety regulations and industry best practices.
- Provides safety training to employees, supervisors, and managers on a regular basis.
- Gathers and analyzes safety data to identify trends and develop strategies to improving safety performance.
- Develops and maintains safety records and documentation.
- Maintains annual certifications and training requirements pertinent to regulatory and compliance activities.
- Assists the ESHA Manager in providing timely reporting on annual/quarterly activities.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Communicates safety program goals and standards for new employees.
- Remains actively involved in the local networking of safety/compliance professionals.
- Responsible for maintaining safety signage, container labeling, and postings as needed.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to learn from a wide variety of disciplines and people quickly and effectively.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials and/or practices.
- Ability to respond quickly, confidently and efficiently to emergency situations—remains calm in a crisis.
- Ability to respond immediately in off-hours to emergencies when available, or to coordinate a response with appropriate personnel when unavailable.
- Diligent with attention to detail; possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to be successful and productive while working under time constraints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety; ability to effectively present and explain health and safety topics.
- Ability to communicate details and safety procedures clearly to employees and customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both with NIC customers and employees.
Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Proven experience as a safety officer; in-depth knowledge and experience with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Coursework/training in occupational safety requirements and OSHA guidelines.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Outlook, and OneNote; working knowledge of safety management information systems and the ability to create/maintain digital files.
Work Environment / Physical Requirement:
- Able to work safely in compliance with NIC Industries, Inc. Personal Safety and Security policies.
- Ability to wear required safety equipment and protective clothing as required by law and NIC Safety & Environmental Policy.
- Work environment will vary from an office setting to manufacturing/production/research setting(s).
- Some accidents/incidents may cause high-stress situations.
- Hazardous materials may be present, necessitating the exercise of caution at all times.
- Loud, frequent noises and the presence of moving industrial equipment and apparatus.
NIC IndustriesWhite City, OR
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.