*Please Note: Relocation Assistance will not be provided - This will run through the summer (June - September)
Are you interested in the fast-paced and exciting world of software development? Want to build your resume and gain real world experience with a reputable software development company? Hawaii Information Consortium, a subsidiary of NIC Inc., is the premier provider of government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions in the state of Hawaii. With the mission to enhance the lives of Hawaii citizens by improving their interactions with government, we literally transform how citizens interact with their government through technology. Hawaii Information Consortium is seeking a talented and lucky individual to join our team through an internship program.
About the Quality Assurance role:
We are ramping up our QA processes to new levels this year. You will help us improve the stability, security, coverage, and overall health of our technology infrastructure.
- Recent graduate or current student working towards a degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related technical field.
- You are enthusiastic about working in a product-minded organization and
- You're highly organized, an excellent communicator, and attentive to all sorts of details.
- Commitment to quality improvements
- You are ideally familiar with at least a handful of the following things and eager to learn any that are new to you:
- Web development technologies such Java
- Proficiency with Automation testing tools like Selenium WebDriver is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of test methodologies by writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging
- Willingness to take advice and learn.
- Flexible schedule offered around course work.
- Expected to work 20 hours a week at a compensation of $16/hour.
- Casual office environment.
- Convenient to bus route (201 Merchant Street).
- All the benefits of working for a large company, without that large company “feel”.
- Multidisciplinary environment: gain valuable experience in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Quality Assurance.
- Upon successful completion of the internship: letters of recommendation, references, and a possible full-time employment offer!