Hawaii Information Consortium, a subsidiary of NIC Inc., is the premier provider of government websites, digital government services, and secure payment processing solutions in the state of Hawaii. For the past 20 years, our mission has been to enhance the lives of Hawaii citizens by improving their interactions with government. We do this by partnering with State, County, and Federal agencies to bring government services online. Located in downtown Honolulu, we employ 34 full time staff members and have a fantastic team of talented people who take great pride in the work that we perform on behalf of our government partners. We are seeking a Mid-Level Java Developer to join our team.
- Design the business components for the application with Agile methodologies.
- Implement key business modules in Java with the Spring application framework.
- Develop the Web layer of applications with the Spring MVC framework.
- Object relational mapping with Hibernate.
- Design the database using the standard RDBMS design techniques and make sure that the database tables are in normalized form.
- Configure the Eclipse IDE for development environment and to integrate the source control tool with Eclipse Plug-in.
- Create Unit Test plans and test the components with Junit.
- Create System integration test plans and document the test results for the integration testing.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of two years hands on programming experience in Java.
- Familiarity with Java Web Development Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, etc.) and Apache/Tomcat platform.
- Minimum 2 years of Unix experience.
- In-depth familiarity with the web-based e-commerce applications.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated and creative.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong grasp on web application security issues.
- SQL query optimization, Oracle PL/SQL is a big plus.
*No Relocation Assistance Provided
- Competitive compensation program
- No-cost group medical/dental insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays/vacation
- Tuition reimbursement