Are you a “people person?” Do others describe you as patient, energetic, courteous, friendly and creative? Do you take pride in your ability to learn quickly and think on your feet? Do you see problems as challenges and enjoy turning unhappy customers into ones who sing your praises?
If you’re nodding your head while you read this, then we want you to be our next Customer Service Representative.
You’ll join an all-star team at an innovative company with a single purpose – to make government more accessible to Arkansans through technology. Every day you will help Arkansas citizens use the technologies we build to connect with their government. You’ll make a big impact on the business by keeping our customers happy and grow our bottom line by collecting payments.
Who Are We?
We are the Information Network of Arkansas (INA), NIC’s Little Rock subsidiary and the 2018 Arkansas Business Best Place to Work in Arkansas. We’re the team behind the award-winning Arkansas.gov website and hundreds of online government services in the state of Arkansas. We are a small, talented team of customer service representatives, programmers, designers and project managers dedicated to improving the lives of Arkansans through the technology. We are passionately leading a new era of digital public service using technology to bring government to the people of Arkansas in proactive, meaningful and convenient ways.
- Provide customer service for complex Internet and e-commerce products and services
- Provide front-line phone support for online services
- Enter, maintain and update customer information
- Collect past-due balances from customers and clients
- Process incoming customer requests as they relate to online services
- Issue problem resolution responses to inquiries, and make adjustments as necessary
- Meet milestone deadlines directed by management
- Utilize customer feedback to recommend product and service improvements
- Log tasks and issues and track to resolution
- Able to research and troubleshoot financial transactions
- Perform office management and other financial duties as required
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Outstanding communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including good verbal and written abilities
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Well-versed in Internet usage including various browsers, settings and maintenance
- Must have good analytical and mathematical skills
- Accounting background is a plus
- Collections Experience is a plus
- Experience using Salesforce Service Cloud is a plus
- Minimum two years of job related experience
An undergraduate degree, minimum of 2 years of web technical support experience or a related discipline is helpful, but comparable experience is also accepted.
This job is more than just having the right skill sets. We are looking for the right person to fit with AIC’s culture and the spirit of the Customer Service team. The Customer Service Representative must be:
- Resourceful with the ability to conduct your own research and get things done, yet willing to ask for help when you need it
- Someone who enjoys solving problems and helping others
- Self-directed, a self-starter, have lots of initiative - however you put it, you must be intrinsically motivated and wired for excellence without needing to be “managed”
- Positive and able to stay calm while working through problems with customers
- Extremely organized to keep up with all of the different areas of responsibility in a fast-paced environment
- Considerate of others and respectful of coworkers’ and customers’ time
- Highly professional with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Able to prioritize, seek and accept input, and work effectively both independently and in team environments
- A personable communicator who instantly connects with people, puts them at ease on the phone or in writing, and follows through like a boss
- Willing to go above and beyond to make customers feel heard and cared for
- Empathetic and able to understand the customer’s perspective
- Ethical and committed to doing the right thing
What's in it for you?
We have a casual work environment with flexible hours and paid covered parking. We provide 100% paid, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your dependents, as well as life insurance, company matched 401K and stock purchase plans. We offer generous personal and vacation leave.
- Competitive salary
- Fun, casual work environment with flexible hours and paid, covered parking
- Generous paid personal and vacation leave, including all state holidays and your birthday
- 100% paid comprehensive health and dental for you and your immediate family
- Employee life insurance with options for family members
- 401K with employer matching and stock purchase plan
- Access to building gym and employee wellness program
- Unique culture that emphasizes integrity, collaboration, passion, fun, personal relationships and life outside of work
- Free snacks and drinks - we keep our cabinets and fridge stocked!
- Employee-planned social events during and after business hours (bowling, anyone?)
- Company-paid training and opportunities to attend industry conferences
- Modern office with bright colors and a gorgeous 16th floor downtown view of Little Rock