Don't miss this great opportunity for a FULL TIME RN Evening Charge Nurse to join our team at The Villages of Jackson Creek in Independence, MO !! We are conveniently located off interstate 70. This beautiful state of the art building has 120 skilled beds with a variety of patients that rehab to home and 52 bed assisted living community.
Our interdisciplinary team provides a variety of services tailored to meet our patient's needs. You will find such a rewarding experience in building relationships with our residents and their families! During your shift, you may have the opportunity to work with patients following surgery, diabetes, heart disease or COPD exacerbations while gaining experience with IV's, PICC lines, dressings, medications, wound vacs, and even possibly dialysis.
We offer competitive rates and benefits for full time employment including health, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, scrub uniforms, paid time off, 401 (k) with generous company match, and more.
NHC has been a leader in the healthcare industry for over 45 years, and We know that with our longevity in this industry, it requires treating our patients with the utmost care & respect, and the best way to that is to employ the best in the business. We need nurses dedicated to patient care, nurses who are compassionate, understanding, and team players with a positive attitude. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply online at www.NHCcare.com/nursingjobs or contact Karen at Karen.Anglin@NHCcare.com for more information. We look forward to talking with you!!
- Able to be on feet standing or walking 8-12 hours per day
- Able to lift 60-70 lbs on occasional basis
- Able to bend, stoop, squat and twist numerous times a day
- Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual requests
- Able to speak in clear, concise voice in order to communicate with patients who may be hearing impaired
- Able to carry out fine motor skills and manual dexterity
- Working with the interdisciplinary care team, to assure accurate patient assessment and development/revisions of individualized plans of care.
- Maintains open and ongoing communication with patients and families, providing opportunity and encouragement to participate in decision making.
- Assure that nursing partners have been assigned duties
- Make rounds, with specific attention to high acuity patients
- Monitor unit/units to ensure that appropriate nursing care (according to established policies and procedures) is being provided and that doctors and families are being notified of changes in patients’ condition
- Assume responsibility for assisting with meds and treatments as needed.
- Assist with admitting patients and processing of physician orders as required.
- Assist with hiring and supervision and participates in the orientation of new nursing partners
- Assures the personal dignity and physical safety of each patient. Assist patients to attain the highest level of self-care possible.
- Assist physician during rounds
- Supervise nursing partners as assigned. Complete performance evaluations as required.
- Make changes in staffing schedule as indicated by absence and illness and contact additional help to assure staffing levels are maintained in order to meet the care needs of patients
- Carry out personnel disciplinary action(s) (written, verbal warnings, suspension and termination) promptly and effectively as stated in personnel policies and amendments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Relieve other shifts if needed.