Warehouse Specialist ($500 signing bonus)
NGK Spark Plugs Wood Dale, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NGK Spark Plugs is now hiring for a full-time Warehouse Specialist for our logistics facility in Wood Dale, IL. Regular working hours are from 6am-4pm Monday-Friday. Associates will not always work 10 hours each day but would need to be available to work 10 hours when needed. This position will report to our Warehouse Supervisor and will communicate directly with our main OEM customers.
NGK is a very stable and successful automotive supplier, and has sold auto parts worldwide since 1936. For a limited time NGK is offering a sign on bonus of $500! This bonus is paid in full after 90 days of employment.
- Print orders as needed for Picking.
- Pick, pack, or audit check as needed for Original Equipment (OE) and/or Aftermarket orders
- Create shipping documents, packing slips, shipping labels, and Bill of Ladings meeting customer requirements.
- Assists in and responsible for wrapping and staging orders.
- Prepare ASN according to customer specification and requirements.
- Work with carriers to coordinate pick up of orders.
- Track critical shipments and update delivery status internally and externally to customers.
- Immediate and open communication with internal/external customers, as assigned.
- File and maintain records of shipping documents.
- Perform cycle counts to assure proper inventory.
- Maintain, update, and create work instructions, procedures, and key points.
- Control label inventory for assigned customers.
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with best practices and safety guidelines.
- Operate hand pallet jack and powered industrial trucks safely and responsibly.
- Assists in general organization and cleanliness of the warehouse area.
- Assists with special projects throughout the warehouse as assigned.
- Adhere to safety policy/procedures.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including QMS related policies as applicable.
- Associates Degree preferred
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. with a minimum of 3 years relevant warehouse experience
- Minimum of 1-year of experience working in the shipping function
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player who can also work independently
- Intermediate math skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with ERP system; SAP preferred
- Experience in operation of powered industrial trucks preferred (i.e. cherry picker, forklift, electric pallet Jack, etc.)
- Strong communication skill in written and verbal form, using the English language
- Ability to operate a keyboard and mouse
- Ability to see and hear (correctable)
- Ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to walk
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to climb, kneel/squat, bend, lift, carry
- Ability to push, pull, grasp, reach, twist
- Ability to work at heights using ladders or lifts
- Ability to work overtime on regular basis
- Ability to wear steel-toe shoes
NGK Spark PlugsWhy Work Here?
NGK offers competitive wages and a full suite of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and more.
NGK drives innovation by honoring its commitment to integrity, perseverance and unity among its employees — from the executive suite to the factory line. With over 80 years of automotive expertise, we are driven by extreme dedication to performance and quality. From OEM to aftermarket, our people push the boundaries of innovation to bring the latest technologies to market under the NGK and NTK brands.
850 AEC DriveWood Dale, IL
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at NGK Spark Plugs