Supply Chain Planning Supervisor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NGK Automotive Ceramics USA, Inc. is a subsidiary of the leading ceramic technology company NGK Insulators LTD., located in Nagoya, Japan. NGK Automotive Ceramics USA, INC. directly supports and supplies all major automobile manufacturers and heavy-duty diesel manufacturers with high-performance components for emission control systems. The sales and product management departments operate in close co-operation between customers and our development center in Japan for both general and customer-specific solutions.
NGK Automotive Ceramics USA, Inc. is looking for a Supply Chain Planning Supervisor to join our team.
The Supply Chain Planning Supervisor will ensure individual and group productivity through performance management, mentoring, training, and continuous improvement. The Supply Chain Planning Supervisor will oversee production planning and manage the inventory control for our emission control related products. The Supply Chain Planning Supervisor will also perform a liaison function between the Plants, Business Strategy, Business Management, Logistics, Key Account Managers, Group Sales offices & Ceramics Business Group in HQ, and the Supply Chain Planning team to ensure sustainable delivery as well as controlling the proper inventory level. The Supply Chain Planning Supervisor will focus on improving overall relationships with OEM/Coater/Canners at a higher level.
The Supply Chain Planning Supervisor will not just be limited to detail planning exchanges but should have engagement and reviews at the macro perspective to understand the bigger demand picture. Supply Chain Planning Supervisor will also be responsible to ensure smooth launch of the new products and to manage the phase out to help minimize dead stock. The Supply Chain Planning Supervisor will also be responsible for reviewing the figures of the total production/delivery and budget and be proactive at promoting necessary adjustments or changes.
- Direct and coordinate daily operations of the Supply Chain Planning department.
- Act as communications hub for the team, disseminating pertinent and timely information.
- Lead the development of team resource requirements (e.g. work-load balancing, training and development, equipment maintenance).
- Establish continuous improvement projects as well as internal procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of assigned Supply Chain Planning group operations.
- Able to promote High Performing Team environment, foster enthusiasm for new and challenging goals as well as ensure supply chain planning team cooperation with other organizational departments. Serve as a role model by promoting new ideas and positive change.
- Presentation of department measures at monthly office meetings as well as creation of sales, stock, and trend reports for various NAU meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with established corporate standards.
- Responsible for reviewing and evaluating the work and performance of the Supply Chain Planning staff and the completion of staff performance reviews.
- Coordination of deliveries into NAU warehouse locations in accordance with policies, principles and procedures established by NGK.
- Visit manufacturing plants in North America to perform periodical production meeting.
- Confers with the Business Strategy, Logistics, KAM, Group sales offices, customers, and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in the area.
- Confers with manufacturing plants as well as Business Strategy, Business Management, Logistic Team, KAM, and Group sales office to manage existing products as well as launch new products.
- Confer with global manufacturing plants as well as Ceramic Business Group in HQ to coordinate appropriate production planning and inventory strategy to accommodate short term and midterm demand from the market.
- Support logistic to coordinate delivery of imported goods from overseas plants to the local warehouse.
- Review and modify inventory control and assess slow moving/obsolete inventories as well as control/monitor the stock holding policy.
- Works actively to identify run-out of products to eliminate risks of obsolete stock.
- Control right inventory tracking with NAU’s Electronic Ordering System (EOS).
- Closely monitor the comparison between the figures of current production/delivery versus the budget as well as work together with Business Strategy to make necessary corrective actions.
- Any other tasks requested by management.
Education/Training: Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Experience: 5+ years of direct experience in supply chain control, capacity planning, forecast analytics, or similar position(s). 2+ years in a supervisory role.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Task oriented with strong sense of priority and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to deliver and receive positive and negative feedback in a professional manner.
- Accountable for individual goals as well as have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Embrace a changing business environment.
- PDCA execution skills. (Identify and analyze the requirement / issues. Carry out the plans. Measure the effectiveness of the solution and analyze any improvement potential. Implement the improved solution.)
- Act as an intermediary between several departments.
- Japanese Language capability a plus (not mandatory).
- 10-15% Travel
Work Environment: Office environment. Overtime may be required to meet program/project deadlines. Participate in presentations, and meetings. Domestic and International travel may be required.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at NGK Detroit