- Posted: over a month ago
Position Summary: This position is a high-visibility, exempt position, which provides primary sales support for all company activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and clerical support to sales representatives and sales managers.
- Assist with the preparation of sales proposals and presentations.
- Pull data to prepare for customer quarterly and annual reviews.
- Track appointment information and maintain a record of activity summary.
- Assist with answering inbound sales calls.
- Ensure inventory of brochures and paperwork.
- Process orders and track them through to delivery of all products and services.
- Compose formal price quotations of varying solutions configurations when responding to customer¹s requests.
- Take ownership of all work assignments while prioritizing and organizing work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
- Provide proposal support such as prepare materials for submittal
- Manage the company’s social media accounts and post relevant content
- Attend Trade Show events and conferences with Sales & Marketing Manager
- Stays up-to-date on software that is commonly used in the industry
- Provide backup support to administrative team as needed.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications: The successful Sales Assistant must be comfortable in a high-visibility position, be a proactive problem solver, and have the ability to “think on their feet.” The Sales Assistant must be able to prioritize daily duties and understand proper and appropriate escalation practices. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform the job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic, enthusiastic individual with the desire to grow both personally and professionally
- Ability to be assertive when necessary
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; listens and digests information before acting
- Advanced Critical Thinking – thinks outside the box and can quickly figure out alternative ways to accomplish any task; gets the job done regardless of obstacles
- Creative Thinking - Generates creative solutions; demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Assist in developing, coordinating, and executing project plans, as needed; able to prioritize and respond appropriately to varying levels of resolution urgency
- Customer Service - Excellent professionalism, with the ability to foster and develop customer loyalty and staff confidence; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly, informatively, and succinctly; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data accurately and effectively; able to read and interpret written business and proposal information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments appropriately; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions and addresses concerns or conflicts to appropriate stakeholders
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses, and works to mitigate negative impact on company mission; thinks through situations to develop proactive solutions that minimize problems
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Arrives on time and has regular attendance; dependable; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan before deadline has passed.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed; doesn’t make excuses
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. Superior customer service skills
- One year experience in similar position, or combination of experience encompassing various aspects of position
- Previous experience working in a professional business environment
- Demonstrated success in fast-paced, administrative position
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of sales standards and customer service routines
- Experience in sales is preferred
- CRM experience preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?