Commercial Insurance Account Manager
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
This is a service position. The primary function of this position is to provide quality service to clients and cross-sell/account-round within the existing book of business. The Account Manager (AM) will be the day-to-day liaison between the insurance company and designated accounts. The AM will manage and control relationships with clients in collaboration with Producers and/or Account Executives, where applicable.
Daily servicing of clients will include contract analysis, coverage and exposure analysis, endorsement activity, routine coverage and billing questions, problem-solving, renewal control, preparation of quotes/proposals, binding coverage, and claim reporting and follow-up. The AM will assist Producer(s) with the above functions as needed.
The AM should have P&C experience and a license. Ideally have knowledge and experience in select commercial insurance including, but not limited to, commercial auto, property, general liability, umbrella, inland marine, workers compensation, and flood. As needed, the AM will coordinate with Producers on strategic account issues and potential problems. We will also consider those with only personal lines experience, seeking a transition to commercial lines.
This role will ideally work in-office or hybrid from our Oakland, MD office. We are flexible for a remote work arrangement for candidates experienced in Commercial Lines and who can demonstrate efficiency in meeting deliverables and are experienced in EPIC agency management system. If you are not experienced in EPIC, on-site training will be required from one of our East Coast offices.
- Give the most prompt, accurate, and courteous service that customers have ever received…anywhere.
- Increase revenue by rounding out commercial lines accounts
- Develop relationships that lead to new business sales
- Property and casualty insurance license upon hire is required
- Experience in commercial or personal lines insurance, with an understanding of underwriting, coverage and rate analysis
- In-depth knowledge of insurance coverages and an ability to communicate this knowledge clearly to clients and underwriters
- Must understand marketplace trends and best practices to meet clients’ needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage workload
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- EPIC experience preferred, but will consider other agency management system experience
- If not experienced with EPIC and seeking a remote role, on-site training is required in one of our East Coast offices
- Build and maintain constructive and effective relationships with clients by meeting and exceeding expectations
- Provide consistent, accurate, timely, and pertinent communication to clients
- Resolve/assist with any service issues/questions
- Assist clients in making appropriate coverage changes, making each contact a marketing opportunity
- Inform and educate clients about coverage, exclusions and exposures and document electronic files accordingly
- Respond to clients’ needs by providing/producing binders, certificates, policies, auto id cards, evidences of insurance, and other related items accurately and on time
- Monitor and review client satisfaction
- Electronically document all communication with clients
- Review policies
- As appropriate, market, negotiate, prepare and analyze alternative renewal options
- Develop written, graphic, and electronic renewal materials as appropriate
- Follow established agency procedures for effective utilization of agency management system
- Take advantage of personal and professional development opportunities such as continuing education, professional designations, and in-house training
- Adhere to all state laws and regulations regarding insurance agents (licensing, continuing education, etc)
- Assist with or complete other tasks as directed by agency management
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
6500 Rockspring DriveBethesda, MD
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Commercial Insurance Account Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.