Customer Service Specialist
NFP Health Albuquerque, NM
- Expired: June 23, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
NFP Health, a leader in the public & private health insurance exchange space, is expanding into the Albuquerque area in August 2021 and we're looking for ambitious and passionate Customer Service professionals to join our newest team. As a member of our local NM team, you will be joining a new office in downtown Albuquerque as a critical part of our core team of Client Relationship Specialists.
Primary responsibilities will include answering and responding to incoming customer calls in a proficient and timely manner. The ideal candidate will be fast learning, motivated and dedicated to NFP Healths start-up goals within the New Mexico Health Insurance Exchange space. This position will start onMonday, August 2nd.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Field incoming calls regarding health insurance and benefits, billing services, and general questions or concerns
- Conduct outbound calls to clients as needed in support of business activities.
- Document all client and broker interactions in our CRM platform.
- Respond quickly and accurately to all customer inquiries, demonstrating expertise and knowledge of products and processes. Facilitate escalations when appropriate.
- Process customer payments over the phone, including explanation of the process and legal disclosures as needed.
- Advise customers regarding policy and provide benefit information across multi-carrier health insurance plans. Provide assistance with the selection and administration of health insurance plans.
- Maintain a thorough and up-to-date understanding of all internal policies and procedures, as well as insurance carrier specific guidelines.
- Navigate a computerized data entry system and other relevant applications.
- Draft professional email and business communications for both internal and external audiences.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven administrative and customer service experience,call center experience preferred.
- Understanding of benefits plans and the health insurance industry, including familiarity with HIPAA regulations and knowledge of current health care landscape. Experience at major health insurance carrier is a plus.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices, experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and problem-solving skills. Ability to maintain a calm demeanor and de-escalate customer conflict.
- Ability to effectively multitask and possess excellent attention to detail with exceptional follow-up skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Bachelors degree in related field is a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
BusinessView all jobs at NFP Health