Junior Electro-Mechanical Engineer
NEWTON LLC 20737, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who we Are
To accomplish their goals, the world’s leading scientists, research institutions, and aerospace programs require highly specialized products and technology. We develop them.
At Newton we develop the products and technology that move the world forward. We create products, technology, and mission-critical components that advance science, exploration, and humanity. We provide full life cycle engineering and product development support—from creating high-precision pointing mechanisms for spacecraft to solving shock isolation problems for the US Army, and everything in between.
Who we are Looking For
Are you looking to solve engineering problems that advance science and technology? We are looking to grow our team with a Junior Electro-Mechanical Engineer who has a demonstrated ability to incorporate creative yet elegant solutions. We are looking for an engineer who has a never-ending passion for learning, an engineer who is just as comfortable in front of a computer working on CAD or Control Systems as they are putting a robotic arm together. We are looking for an engineer who is a self-starter, is continually finding ways to improve processes, and also enjoys working in a team environment. If you are a well-rounded engineer who wants to take on and solve a broad set of engineering challenges, let’s talk. We promise a fast-moving environment where every day presents a learning opportunity while working on unique projects.
The Junior Electro-Mechanical Engineer is a contributing member to our product development teams. Desired skills and duties include:
- Experience designing PCBs.
- Experience in analyzing circuits.
- Experience integrating sensors into control electronics to develop open and closed loop systems.
- Hands-on fabrication experience in assembly of boards, components, connectors, and electrical harnesses.
- Design and draft electronic enclosures, and opto-mechanical systems using SolidWorks.
- Assemble, integrate, and test electronic enclosures and opto-mechanical systems.
- Coordinate piece part manufacturing and assembly.
- Draft test plans and procedures in conjunction with design engineers.
- Participate in engineering technical reviews and design / product configuration decisions.
- Provide design engineers with recommendations to improve product performance or simplify manufacturing.
- Continuously improve technical knowledge based on new developments in structural design methodologies and software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field.
- Strong mechanical design aptitude and desire to learn, particularly in relation to opto-mechanical assemblies, precision mechanisms, and advanced structures.
- Experience and proficiency with CAD Software (preferably SolidWorks).
- Experience and proficiency drafting fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 1 to 4 years of professional experience.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
5 Reasons You Will Love Working for Newton
- We are a fast growing and dynamic company offering a wide range of growth and learning opportunities.
- You will be part of a team made up of engineers who share your passion for engineering and science.
- We are still a young company. Your work matters.
- You get to work on many different projects with a wide range of requirements. You will face new challenges every day.
- We care for the well-being of our employees. Our competitive benefits and flexible working schedule are just a few of the perks of being a Newton employee.
EngineeringView all jobs at NEWTON LLC