- Posted: over a month ago
Newton is looking for a Chief Engineer with subject matter expert knowledge of the design and analysis of metallic structures. We are looking for an engineer with over 20 years of experience performing aerospace engineering, mentoring younger engineers, and leading small to medium size teams.Activities include:
- Leads brainstorming and concept formulation sessions for new projects;
- Oversees detail design, analysis, manufacturing, and testing of aerospace systems;
- Participates in the Business Development and Project Pipeline processes;
- Participates in the Tiger Team critical failure review boards;
- As required, reviews and approves schedules and budgets for each project, making adjustments after consultation with the Project Manager and client.
- Strong knowledge of aerospace design and engineering in accordance with GSFC-STD-1000 and GSFC-STD-7000;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field;
- Demonstrated leadership (technical and project management) of projects and teams developing highly complex and/or new aerospace technology;
- 20+ years of experience developing aerospace mechanical systems;
- Must have experience within NASA, the aerospace industry, or related discipline with a strong preference for NASA GSFC experience.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
AddressRiverdale Park, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?