- Answer incoming phone calls.
- Process incoming/outgoing mail.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Collect and input patient financial and legal information.
- Verify patient insurance coverage and communicate coverage with clinicians.
- Submit complete and accurate billing documentation to the billing department.
- Submit complete and accurate demographic information to the billing department, including follow-up on issues affecting collection.
- Accurately file clinical and demographic information in the patient’s medical record.
- Collect payments from patients and accurately record transactions.
- Daily balancing of cash box.
- Other requirements of maintaining an effective and efficient office not listed above.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employment Requirements:
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a medical office or medical practice. Experience with scheduling, medical records, and billing is preferred.
- Must be able to work in St. Clairsville & Steubenville OH.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Office: 3 years
- Medical Assistant preferred