Commercial Operations Director
- Expired: December 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
About NET Power
Passionate about making an impact? We are. At NET Power we are driven by our vision of empowering a clean world by globally deploying affordable and reliable zero-emissions energy. We're a well-funded, strategic investor backed clean energy technology company based in Durham, North Carolina with operations in La Porte, Texas.
Our technology is pretty simple.
- NET Power's platform burns natural gas and pure oxygen, inherently capturing CO2 and producing power
- The captured CO2 is recirculated back to the combustor and a portion is exported for utilization or sequestration
Our impact is transformational.
NET Power technology doesn't just reduce the world's carbon footprint. It delivers the Energy Trifecta: Clean, Reliable, Low-Cost Energy. A winning solution for everyone.
We're looking for a highly motivated Commercial Operations Director to drive NET Power's commercial proposal development and contracting, as well as establish internal processes and controls across the Commercial and Application Engineering teams. This role reports to the Chief Commercial Officer and supports the Commercial team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the commercial proposal development and contracting processes from start to finish, with a particular focus on driving customers through NET Power's technology licensing process
- Drive the commercial process from initial customer engagement through the execution of NET Power license agreements
- Support the Commercial and Legal teams with all contract negotiations
- Understand customer goals and determine a "win" strategy that positions the NET Power technology solution
- Lead the creation, maintenance, and archiving of presentations and commercial proposal documents
- Collaborate across departments to obtain necessary content for commercial proposals; edit content to provide consistent language and style throughout the entire document
- Lead team throughout proposal process, aligning with customer schedule to ensure on time and overall execution success
- Manage all customer and bid information as a "power user" of our CRM system
- Support commercial initiatives, including but not limited to: project pipeline database development, internal process and procedure development, standardization of proposal document templates and presentation templates, forecasting, and bid Win/Loss analysis
- Support and foster a culture of respect and continuous learning
- Build and lead a growing Commercial Operations team to satisfy all of the above
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or related field; Masters in Business Administration strongly preferred
- 7+ years of experience in commercial operations or a similar role
- Prior experience with technology licensing
- Strong proficiency in contract law and commercial terms and conditions
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite
- Strong proficiency in CRM tools and project management software
- Prior experience managing electric utility and government proposal submissions is ideal
- In-depth knowledge of market analysis and metrics
What NET Power Offers You
- Amazing growth and learning opportunities
- Free health insurance for employees
- 401K with company contribution
- Generous vacation policy
- Fun and flexible office
- Catered in-office lunches
- Be a part of changing the world
NET Power is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
404 Hunt StreetDurham, NC
Get fresh Net Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.