THERAPEUTIC SUPPORT STAFF (TSS)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
We are currently hiring part-time Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) workers who will be responsible for providing one-to-one mental health interventions to children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorders, in order to promote age-appropriate psychosocial growth and to prevent placement in a higher level of care. These services, recommended by an inter-agency team, are designed to be short term with as little disruption as possible in the educational setting. The TSS will work in conjunction with a Behavior Specialist Consultant (BSC), who oversees the implementation of treatment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a generally recognized human service discipline
· Bachelor’s degree in another field plus the equivalent of at least one year of full time paid work experience involving direct care to children or adolescents
· 60 credits towards a Bachelor’s degree plus the equivalent of at least 3 years of full-time paid work experience involving direct care to children or adolescents OR
· Associate’s degree plus the equivalent of at least 3 years of full-time paid work experience involving direct care to children or adolescents
· The TSS will work collaboratively with the teachers and other school personnel to help develop skills and techniques needed to integrate the child’s academic and social activities
· Positions require availability during daytime/school hours (8:00am-3:00pm) and/or afternoon/evening hours (3:00pm-8:00pm). To be determined by needs of the case.
· Experience with autism spectrum disorders
· Preferred bilingual abilities
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Must complete 15 hours of training prior to working alone with children or adolescents and maintain an additional 24 hours of training within the first 6 months of working.
· Maintain current Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Record check (if applicable) and annual Tuberculosis (TB) Testing.