Northeast Treatment Center, (NET) is one of the largest behavioral health and social service agencies in the Philadelphia Region offering support and hope to individuals and families at times of great stress in their lives. NET recently opened a 23-hours Observation and Ambulatory Detox for Opioid Use Center and is actively recruiting Registered Nurses to perform nursing functions to support and enhance the medical role in the treatment of clients for stabilization and/or ambulatory detoxification. Full time, part time, weekend and PRN positions available for all shifts, 7-3, 3-11, 11-7
- Licensed in the State of Pennsylvania
- Knowledge of medical and clinical requirements related to substance use and behavioral healthcare
- Associate’s degree and five years’ experience in a clinical capacity.
- Computer competence and proficiency required.
- Provide nursing assessment of clients’ requiring medical stabilization from substance abuse, document findings and consult with the Nurse Practitioner and/or Medical Director.
- Assure that all medications and medical treatments are provided as ordered by the Nurse Practitioner and/or Medical Director Nurse Practitioner and/or Medical Director.
- Verifies client prescriptions as ordered by clients’ physician, in order to provide for continuity of care when scheduling clients to see the Nurse Practitioner and/or Medical Director.
- Responsible for coordination and administration of medications.
- Serves as a member of the treatment team, providing medical information to the aftercare planning process.
- Record and conduct all prescribed medical interventions.
- Provide first aid and emergency services, as required.
- Refer consumer to appropriate emergency facilities when emergency care exceeds the capabilities of the clinic.
- Coordinate medical services with community resources, as indicated by the treatment and aftercare plans.
- Obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid certification, knowledge of medical complications of addiction and their treatment, knowledge of general medical/surgical procedures.
- Must demonstrate genuine empathy and concern for individuals as indicated in NET's vision, mission, and values statements.
- Adhere to applicable city, county, state, federal laws, regulations, NET policies, and CBH licensure and CARF standards.
Why Work Here?
A nationally recognized leader in recovery transformation and at NET we embrace that recovery for life is possible.