Northeast Treatment Center (NET) is one of the largest behavioral health and social service agencies in the Philadelphia Region offering support and hope to individuals and families at times of great stress in their lives. A nonprofit agency, NET provides a continuum of trauma informed behavioral health and social services designed to meet complex needs of all family members.
Northeast Treatment Centers is seeking a Bilingual Mental Health Worker in our Family Based Services Program who will be responsible for collaborating with team members to implement goals identified by the family in the treatment plan, access community resources, and assist family members and other care takers in developing skills to access other systems’ supports. In addition, the Mental Health Worker assists with skill building activities as identified in the treatment plan, and to coordinate activities such as the CASSP or interagency team meeting and other necessary meetings. Responsibilities will also include client/family support and counseling, documentation, client/family outreach, systems outreach, and school consultation.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 12 credit hours in psychology, counseling, family therapy, sociology, social work, nursing, education, rehabilitation counseling, or theology.
- At least one year of experience in a child or adolescent mental health setting.
- Must demonstrate a genuine respect for children, adolescents, and their families
- Be sensitive to the needs of children and adolescents particularly those that relate to family dynamics, and the educational and community structures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cultural competence
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bilingual (Spanish language) abilities required (includes reading, writing and speaking fluently).
- Must demonstrate genuine empathy and concern for individuals as indicated in our corporate vision, mission, and values statements
- Adhere to applicable city, county, state, and federal laws and regulations, internal and CARF standards.
- Must have current State clearances for Child Abuse, Criminal Records, and Contagious Diseases. Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (and other duties as assigned)
- Responsible for implementing treatment plan goals and clinical strategies as developed with the family and team
- Coordination of interagency meeting and necessary psychological or psychiatric evaluations for all clients.
- Coordinate access to medical and/or other treatment services as needed by family members
- Responsible for client/family outreach in all matters surrounding the coordination of services
- Responsible to assist families in accessing community support and resources
- Responsible to advocate on behalf of client needs
- Responsible to assure ongoing communication and integration of services among all service providers and support systems involved with the child and family.