Northeast Treatment Center (NET), one of the largest nonprofit behavioral health and social service agencies in the Philadelphia Region, is seeking a Masters level Mental Health Professional - Developmental Disabilities Team member to provide intensive family oriented therapy services to children and adolescents with serious mental health disorders or emotional disturbances and their families. Serves as a clinician on treatment team providing service in the community, working to avert the need for referral to a higher level of care or to a more restrictive setting. Treatment typically takes place in or near the family home, in order to maximize the involvement of resources in the natural environment.
The Mental Health Professional - Developmental Disabilities Team member uses a family systems perspective and intervention skills to involve both child clients and their adult care givers in treatment; collaborates with any other treatment providers to assure an integrated approach to treatment is developed; and services range from assessing and building a shared understanding of the needs and strengths of the family system to individual and family treatment oriented toward resolving underlying conflicts and building functional skills.
- Masters in Family Therapy (MFT) preferred.
- Licensed Mental Health Professional or a Master’s Degree with Clinical or Mental Health Concentration
- At least two years of clinical experience in a child or adolescent behavioral health setting.
- Experience providing clinical treatment to children and/or adolescents diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or an Intellectual Disability.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of cultural competence.
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Must demonstrate genuine empathy and concern for individuals as indicated in our corporate vision, mission, and values statements. Adhere to applicable city, county, state, and federal laws and regulations, internal and CARF standards.Must have current verification of the following:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
- FBI Record Check (If applicable)
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (and other duties as assigned)
- Responsible for the provision of individual and family therapy in the home, school, or community setting.
- Responsible for collaborating with family, other team members and ancillary providers in order to develop a comprehensive and integrated treatment plan.
- Responsible for implementing the family therapy plan in collaboration with team members
- Responsible for crisis planning and clinical availability to address crisis situations.
- Responsible for attending clinical evaluations, team meetings, and interagency meetings