Family Based Therapist
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Summary of Position: Masters level mental health professional, provider of intensive family-oriented therapy services to children and adolescents with serious mental health disorders or emotional disturbances and their families. Serves as primary clinician on treatment team providing service in the community, working to avert the need for referral to a higher level of care or to a more restrictive setting. Treatment typically takes place in or near the family home, in order to maximize the involvement of resources in the natural environment. A Mental Health Professional uses a family systems perspective and intervention skills to involve both child clients and their adult care givers in treatment. A Mental Health Professional collaborates with any other treatment providers to assure an integrated approach to treatment is developed. Mental Health Professional services range from assessing and building a shared understanding of the needs and strengths of the family system to individual and family treatment oriented toward resolving underlying conflicts and building functional skills.
Essential Position Responsibilities: (Other duties as assigned)
• Responsible for the provision of individual and family therapy in the home, school, or community setting.
• Responsible for collaborating with family, other team members and ancillary providers in order to develop a comprehensive and integrated treatment plan.
• Responsible for implementing the family therapy plan in collaboration with team members
• Responsible for crisis planning and clinical availability to address crisis situations.
• Responsible for attending clinical evaluations, team meetings and interagency meetings
• Masters in Family Therapy (MFT) preferred
• Licensed Mental Health Professional or a Masters Degree with Clinical or Mental Health
Concentration from a program with extensive family oriented training.
• At least three years of prior clinical experience working with children and families.
· At least two years of experience providing family therapy in a behavioral health setting
· PA Child Abuse Clearance required
· PA Mandated Child Abuse Reporter Training Required
· FBI Clearance required
· PA Criminal Clearance required
· Health Assessment required
· TB Test required
NET offers a full benefits package medical, dental, vision and life benefits and much more!
NET is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
NET Centers (NET) offers support and hope to individuals and families at times of great stress in their lives. A nonprofit agency, NET provides a continuum of trauma informed behavioral health and social services designed to meet complex needs of all family members. These include mental health, addiction treatment, foster care, residential group care, adoption, juvenile justice services and child welfare services. While some services address the needs of the family as a whole and some target individuals, we always strive to foster positive connections within the family to help all family members heal, recover, and rebuild.
499 N 5th Street Phila Pa 19123Philadelphia, PA
HealthcareView all jobs at NET Centers
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?