Northeast Treatment Center, (NET), one of the largest behavioral health and social service agencies in the Philadelphia Region, is recruiting for a FUNCTIONAL BEHAVIORAL ASSESSMENT SPECIALIST (FBA Specialist) to provide mental health services to children/adolescents with serious mental health disturbances in the home, school, or community, in order to sustain placement in the natural environment. They will collaborate with other BHRS team members (i.e. TSS, MT, other clinical and administrative staff), as well as parents and teachers in the child’s community context. The FBA Specialist formulates individualized treatment plans, including a variety of individualized behavioral interventions, to address the areas of need identified in clients’ bio-psycho-social evaluations. The FBA Specialist provides consultation to TSS, MT, and other involved adults in the planning, design, and implementation of the treatment plan.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university in a clinical mental health discipline.
- Two (2) years verified post-Master’s experience providing mental health treatment to children, and at least one (1) year experience using behavior analysis/modification techniques.
- Mental health clinician with a current license is required
- Experience and training working with children and families with autism
- experience and must have certified training in Functional Behavioral Assessment that is provided by the BAS
- Training in behavior analysis/modification (minimum of eight (8) hours prior to hire, eight (8) hours annually thereafter).
- BCBA and ABA Credentials, preferred.
- Experience in Verbal Behavior Techniques, PRT and DTT, preferred.
- Must have or willing to complete verification of the following:
- current State clearances for Child Abuse, Criminal Records, and Contagious Diseases health screening.
- Regular/documented clinical supervision by a licensed clinical psychologist
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (and other duties as assigned)
- FBA Specialist must complete Behavioral Observations and Functional Behavioral Assessments.
- FBA Specialist must ensure that FBA's are individualized to the needs of the child/adolescent and to the needs of the family according to NET Centers protocol.
- The FBA Specialist will work in collaboration with other providers to develop a behavioral modification plan utilizing strengths-based and empathic methods.
- FBA Specialist will have knowledge of empirically supported treatments for children with autism spectrum disorders.
- FBA Specialist will be involved with both evaluators and clinicians in providing feedback regarding the need for or continued need for services
- FBA Specialist is required to complete consent packets, progress notes, and various other documents, as a means to maintain the electronic medical record for the child, in compliance with state and federal standards.
- Services are provided in schools, home and other community settings.
- The FBA Specialist will be expected to maintain a minimum 60% productivity
- Based on BSC staffing, the FBA Specialist may be expected to serve as a BSC on client cases.