The Northeast Treatment Center, founded in 1970 is one of the largest behavioral health and social service agencies is in the Philadelphia Region. Services are offered at 15 sites throughout Greater Philadelphia, the Lehigh Valley and the state of Delaware.
NET Centers and NET Community Care offers support and hope to individuals and families at times of great stress in their lives. A nonprofit agency, NET provides a continuum of trauma informed behavioral health and social services designed to meet complex needs of all family members. These include mental health, addiction treatment, foster care, residential group care, adoption, juvenile justice services and child welfare services. While some services address the needs of the family as a whole and some target individuals, we always strive to foster positive connections within the family to help all family members heal, recover and rebuild.
NET Community Care is currently seeking Case Managers to work within the Community Umbrella Agency (CUA 1 and 7). The position has a work location of 2701 North Broad Street or 3133 Ridge Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Case Manager applicants should have strong knowledge of child welfare protective services issues and the needs of high risk, vulnerable families. Client families are identified by the Department of Human Services based on concerns regarding parenting skills and ability to maintain children in a safe environment. This case manager will assist families in developing parenting practices and skills that reduce safety risks and enhance ability to provide a nurturing environment for children.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct intakes, provide assessment to determine client needs
- Provide home, school and community visits to assess need and assist in accessing resources
- Develop a comprehensive service plan
- Facilitate access to additional resources as needed
- Team collaboration with other components of youth and family services
- Create and maintain client files and complete all required documentation
- Provide on-call services through a rotational basis
- Provide written or an oral reports to Department of Human Services (DHS) and family court as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Human Services, BSW preferred
- Two years case management experience involving youth
- Knowledge of child and family service systems
- Valid Driver’s License (issued by state in which employee lives) and safe driving record and proof of insurance coverage
Northeast Treatment Centers is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Why Work Here?
A nationally recognized leader in recovery transformation and at NET we embrace that recovery for life is possible.