MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
FAMILY BASED SERVICES
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Masters level mental health professional, provider of intensive family-oriented therapy services to children and adolescents with serious mental health disorders or emotional disturbances and their families. Serves as primary clinician on treatment team providing service in the community, working to avert the need for referral to a higher level of care or to a more restrictive setting. Treatment typically takes place in or near the family home, in order to maximize the involvement of resources in the natural environment. A Mental Health Professional uses a family systems perspective and intervention skills to involve both child clients and their adult care givers in treatment. A Mental Health Professional collaborates with any other treatment providers to assure an integrated approach to treatment is developed. Mental Health Professional services range from assessing and building a shared understanding of the needs and strengths of the family system to individual and family treatment oriented toward resolving underlying conflicts and building functional skills.
- Masters in Family Therapy (MFT) preferred
- Licensed Mental Health Professional
- Bilingual (Spanish language) abilities required (includes reading, writing, and speaking fluently)
- Master’s Degree with Clinical or Mental Health Concentration from a program with extensive family oriented training
- At least three years of prior clinical experience working with children and families
- At least two years of experience providing family therapy in a behavioral health setting
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have or willing to complete Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Record Check
- Responsible for the provision of individual and family therapy in the home, school, or community setting
- Responsible for collaborating with family, other team members and ancillary providers in order to develop a comprehensive and integrated treatment plan
- Responsible for implementing the family therapy plan in collaboration with team members
- Responsible for crisis planning and clinical availability to address crisis situations
- Responsible for attending clinical evaluations, team meetings and interagency meetings
Why Work Here?
A nationally recognized leader in recovery transformation and at NET we embrace that recovery for life is possible.