BEHAVIORAL SPECIALIST CONSULTANT- CONTRACT
Philadelphia Autism Center for Excellence (PACE)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
BSC will provides mental health services to children/adolescents with serious mental health disturbances in the home, school, or community. They will collaborate with other BHRS team members (i.e. TSS, MT, other clinical and administrative staff), as well as parents and teachers in the child’s community context. Formulates individualized treatment plans, including a variety of individualized behavioral interventions, to address the areas of need identified in clients’ bio-psycho-social evaluations. Provides consultation to TSS, MT, and other involved adults in the planning, design, and implementation of the treatment plan.
· Mental health clinician with current Behavioral Specialist License (BSL) or other Mental Health licensing.
· Master’s Degree from an accredited university in a clinical mental health discipline
· Experience and training working with children and families with autism
· Training in behavior analysis/modification (minimum of eight (8) hours prior to hire, eight (8) hours annually thereafter).
· Two (2) years verified post-Master’s experience providing mental health treatment to children, and at least one (1) year experience using behavior analysis/modification techniques. (required only without Mental Health licensing)
· Preferred experience in Verbal Behavior Techniques, PRT and DTT
· Preferred experience and training in Functional Behavioral Assessment • BCBA and ABA credentials are also preferred
· Must have current State clearances for Child Abuse, Criminal Records and medical documents to show lack of contagious Diseases.
· The BSC will work in collaboration with other providers to develop and implement a behavioral modification plan utilizing strengths-based and empathetic methods
· BSC will implement empirically supported treatments for children with autism spectrum disorders.
· BSC will be involved in providing ongoing feedback regarding the continued need for such services, as a least restrictive level of care.
· Services are provided in schools, home and other community settings.
"NET now has the ability to provide Board Certified Behavior Analyst supervision services".
Why Work Here?
A nationally recognized leader in recovery transformation and at NET we embrace that recovery for life is possible.