Behavior Health Tech (RBT)
NET Centers Philadelphia, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) is a staff person who is responsible for delivering interventions based on the client’s active Individual Treatment Plan (ITP) as developed by the Behavioral Consultant (BC) or Mobile Therapist (MT). The BHT provides therapeutic support services to children/adolescents with serious behavioral health issues or deficits in developmental skills in order to sustain placement in the natural environment and avert the need for referral to a more restrictive setting.
By January 1, 2021, eligible BHT candidates will meet ONE of the following conditions:
1. Have certification as BCaBA/RBT/BCAT
2. Behavior Analysis Certification
3. HS Diploma/GED plus 40 hour RBT task list training
4. 2 years of experience in the provision of behavioral health services
If no previous BHT/TSS/BHW experience, staff will need 30 hours of training in the following areas prior to working with clients independently:
Mandated reporting, crisis intervention/management/de-escalation/safety planning, behavioral management skills and coaching, Child and Adolescent Development, overview of serious mental disturbance/behavioral/psychosocial needs of children, ethics/conduct/confidentiality, First Aid/Universal Precautions/safety, medications and side effects.
If no prior BHT/TSS/BHW experience upon hire, staff will need to attain 24 hours of training in the following areas within 6 months of their initial hire date:
Documentation skills, system of care principles, overview of FBA, ethnic, cultural, and linguistic considerations of the community served, strategies and interventions to engage families, including family systems theory, skills and techniques for working with families, Overview of community resources and children and youth serving systems and processes, cross systems collaboration, basic IEP and SPED information.
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
· Working one on one with children/adolescents to implement BHT interventions as specified in their individual treatment plan (ITP). Such interventions include behavioral contingencies, verbal redirection, prompting, coaching, emotional support, time-structured activities, crisis management techniques and other strategies described in the treatment plan.
· Collaborating with the Behavior Consultant (BC), Mobile Therapist (MT) and other IBHS clinical staff in identifying and pursuing medically necessary treatment goals.
· Must maintain all requirements regarding training and supervision as defined by licensing regulations and NET policy.
· Must accept assignment to cases based on availability or program needs.
· Maintain legible, timely, and complete clinical records documenting the client’s progress toward goals and objectives.
NET will require you to have the following clearances within the last 12 months:
PA Child Abuse
PA State Criminal
If you have not resided in the state of PA for the past 5 years, you will be required to provide a Child Abuse clearance from your state of residence in addition to a PA Child Abuse clearance.
Current CPR certification preferred
TB test required
Health Assessment within the last 12 months required
NET is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NET CentersWhy Work Here?
A nationally recognized leader in recovery transformation and at NET we embrace that recovery for life is possible.