New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc. (NESL) is a privately held company, priding itself on being Pennsylvania's largest aggregate producer/supplier and not to mention, leader in heavy highway construction. Founded in 1924, the company boasts over 2,200 employees helping to build America from the ground up! Headquartered in New Enterprise, PA, our footprint encompasses 59 quarries, 3 sand deposits, 30 hot mix asphalt plants, 19 fixed and portable ready mix concrete plants and 3 lime distribution centers throughout PA and Western NY.
And...we are GROWING!
We are seeking a Haul Truck Operators to be based in one of the geographic locations encompassed within the NESL footprint, including PA and Western NY. A Haul Truck Operator works under the direct supervision of the Quarry Superintendent. The operator is responsible for operating, inspecting and maintaining off-road haul truck and other equipment, such as skid steer and man lift. The successful candidate will also perform basic labor tasks as deemed necessary; such tasks may include lifting, shoveling and climbing at heights up to 70 feet, in a steady and safe manner. This individual will work in an outdoor mining and processing environment.
What You Will Do:
- Operate assigned equipment in accordance with NESL operating and safety guidelines;
- Operate off road haul truck and equipment, such as skid steer and man lift;
- Inspection and maintenance of equipment to ensure safe operation and maintain good working order;
- Perform basic labor tasks, such as lifting, shoveling and climbing;
- Effectively communicate with teammates on worksite.
We Are Looking For:
- High School Graduate/GED;
- Experience as equipment operator, such as skid steer or man life preferred;
- Able to successfully pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and audiogram;
- Able to successfully meeting NESL standards for MVR and Criminal Background Check;
- Mechanically inclined;
- Perform physical labor, to include shoveling, lifting and climbing up to 70 feet;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Laser focus attention to detail with the discipline to ensure accurate and quality work;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Flexibility and the ability to operate under stressful, time-sensitive deadlines;
- Capable and willingness to work 8+ hour shift during day/night/weekend hours to meet business demands.
- Ability and willingness to work in a variety of weather conditions such as heat, cold, wind, rain and dusty environments.
Developing Your Career at NESL You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people and communities we serve;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven family owned company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive Benefits Package offered.
New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc. is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Minorities and females are encouraged to apply.
New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.