Sr Enterprise Application Engineer
NESC Staffing, Corp Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sr Enterprise Application Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Architect and design sound/supportable technical solutions to complex business requirements from Data Products in the Data Virtualization space
- Deploy, configure and document a comprehensive Virtualization platform using Denodo (Solution Manager, Virtual DataPort, Data Catalog and other relevant solutions) on AWS (through internal controls with Cloud Formation Templates, CICD and Infra as Code design practices)
- Provide and coordinate support and maintenance of the Data Virtualization platform
- Implement and document best practices for Data Virtualization in line with the organizational strategy and specific Data Products and Domains.
- Triage/debug production issues (Data, Code, Performance, Security, etc.), identify root cause and corrective actions
- Evaluate requests for enhancements or new projects and determine potential impacts with the defined system design/configuration
- Partner with Data Product teams to assess their needs and recommend solutions
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture, Security, Data & Analytics, Business Stakeholder and Change Management teams in designing data virtualization solutions and setting up the platform.
- Develop and configure new Virtual Databases/Integrations/Web Services
- Setup Security in Denodo for Authentication, Authorization, Monitoring and Compliance in line with organizational standards and specific Data Product needs.
- Review technical designs to ensure compliance with organizational standards
- Support and mentor Data Product teams leveraging Data Virtualization
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new concepts and analyze system deficiencies
- Passionate about security and the quality of the applications they implement
- Organized, thorough, and detail oriented
- Collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Eager to learn, shares ideas, encourages and accepts feedback well
- Strong analytical skills: strong problem-solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
- Interested in current and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated customer focus, evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and creates processes from the customer's viewpoint
- Experience working with an offshore development team
- High level of energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced setting
- Involvement on multiple Denodo or other major Data Virtualization implementations (full life cycle: design, deploy, configure, sustain)
- Experience with Denodo version 8.0
- Experience with configuring infrastructure in AWS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 8 years of professional experience.
NESC has specialized divisions to support many varied staffing needs. We currently service, but are not limited to, the following industries: Healthcare, Nuclear, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Electronics, Research and Development, Telecommunications, Facilities, Biotechnology, Petrochemical, Information Technology (IT), and many more.
NESC Staffing, Corp
NESC is a full service staffing agency providing work on a contract/temporary and permanent basis locally, regionally and nationally. Full Service to us means that we are committed to developing and maintaining relationships with our contractors and client companies. NESC has specialized divisions to support many varied staffing needs. We currently service, but are not limited to, the following industries: Healthcare, Nuclear, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Electronics, Research and Development, Telecommunications, Facilities, Biotechnology, Petrochemical, Information Technology (IT), and many more.