REMOTE THERMAL PERFORMANCE ENGINEER
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title- REMOTE THEMAL PERFORMANCE ENGINEER
Duration- 6 months plus
if interested send updated resume- email@example.com
The role of this position will include providing owner’s engineer and independent engineering services to clients, including design reviews, technical due diligence, feasibility studies, plant equipment upgrade and de-bottlenecking studies, project development support, equipment procurement support, technical risk assessments, thermal performance modeling, and performance testing. This position will require the professional to analyze power projects and apply technical concepts and information into actionable conclusions and recommendations on which project developers, owners, and financial institutions rely to develop, design, construct, operate, and finance energy projects.
The professional will work with multidisciplinary project teams to provide a variety of services, such as the following:
- Advise power project owners and developers to support new thermal energy projects.
- Develop and review heat and mass balance thermal models.
- Provide technical support for carbon capture studies.
- Perform owner’s engineer design reviews of mechanical systems for power projects.
- Participate as mechanical lead in feasibility studies and development support for new power projects including the areas of biofuels and hydrogen.
- Provide technical support for mechanical energy storage, thermal storage, solar thermal, and geothermal projects.
- Participate in condition assessments of existing power plants.
- Prepare and review other engineering deliverables such as reports, studies, and calculations.
- Execute performance testing of new & existing thermal energy plants.
- Evaluate new power and infrastructure projects to support financing.
- Monitor project schedules and budgets.
- Conduct multiple projects simultaneously and ensure high standards of deliverables are met.
- Interface with clients to understand requests and confirm successful project execution.
- Support proposals for new business development opportunities.
- Consult on maintenance planning of thermal power plants.
- Procurement of major power plant equipment, upgrades, maintenance, and service agreements.
- Travel to visit project locations and client offices, as required.
Required skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSME from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program with a strong academic background.
- Professional Engineer’s license in one or more states.
- 10 or more years of experience in the electric power industry, specifically experience in thermal power generation.
- Experience in owner’s engineering design reviews of electric power projects.
- Experience with thermal performance modeling (Thermoflow preferred).
- Experience with performance testing of thermal energy plants.
- Detailed understanding of power station operation and maintenance.
- Excellent technical communication and writing skills.
- Familiarity with design codes and standards.
NESC has specialized divisions to support many varied staffing needs. We currently service, but are not limited to, the following industries: Healthcare, Nuclear, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Electronics, Research and Development, Telecommunications, Facilities, Biotechnology, Petrochemical, Information Technology (IT), and many more.
NESC Staffing, Corp
AddressOverland Park, KS
TechnologyView all jobs at NESC Staffing, Corp
Get fresh Remote Senior Software Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!