- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mechanical Design Engineers design, evaluate, analyze, and assist in the fabrication and installation of hardware across the complex. Mechanical design engineers work closely with test and system engineers in development of design requirements and ensuring proposed designs meet those requirements.
This Engineer may be focused on subset, or may support all, of the following types of tasks (this is not an exhaustive list):
• Develop concepts for new process systems to meet applicable codes and standards; providing hydraulic, thermal, stress or other analysis as needed to support the proposed design.
• Analyze static and dynamic loads, deflections, stress, heat transfer, thermal stress, or thermal growth in support of new component development and/or component or facility modifications.
• Serve as the design point of contact or lead on larger, more complex projects. Work with the project managers and project engineers to ensure that design input into cost, schedule, and other project-level decisions is accurate and complete.
• Provide guidance to and check the work of less experienced engineers.
• Work with the design team (drafters, checkers, etc.) to produce complete design packages, including detailed drawings, analysis reports, and equipment specifications, and be capable of communicating the details of these design packages to the remaining project team (system engineers, test engineers, project managers, craft supervisors, etc.)
• Develop procurement packages (specifications, statements of work, datasheets, etc) and provide engineering guidance to support the procurement of pumps, valves, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, or other hardware necessary for the fabrication and installation of the proposed design.
• Review specifications, drawings, and vendor equipment documentation
• Coordinate with the appropriate system engineer, craft supervisor, and/or work planner to ensure that hardware is fabricated and installed in accordance with the approved design package.
• It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• B.S. degree in mechanical, aerospace, or chemical engineering from an accredited college or university plus 5 to 9 years of progressive and relevant experience.
• Current United States citizenship is required.
• Active DoD Security Clearance
• Experience with the design of complete process systems including pumps, valves, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, or other related equipment.
• Experience developing procurement specifications for process hardware and systems.
• Experienced in application of discipline specific codes (i.e., ASME B31.3, B31.1, BPVC, Y14.5)
• Experienced user with discipline specific software packages (e.g., AFT, Ceasar II, ANSYS, Autodesk Inventor/AutoCAD/Plant 3D)
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in ASME B31.3 piping design.
• Prior experience with large Engineering, procurement and construction projects with process fluids and infrastructure.
NESC has specialized divisions to support many varied staffing needs. We currently service, but are not limited to, the following industries: Healthcare, Nuclear, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Electronics, Research and Development, Telecommunications, Facilities, Biotechnology, Petrochemical, Information Technology (IT), and many more.
NESC Staffing, CorpWhy Work Here?
It's an American company that designs, manufactures, and sells electrical and electronic products for non-residential and residential
NESC is a full service staffing agency providing work on a contract/temporary and permanent basis locally, regionally and nationally. Full Service to us means that we are committed to developing and maintaining relationships with our contractors and client companies. NESC has specialized divisions to support many varied staffing needs. We currently service, but are not limited to, the following industries: Healthcare, Nuclear, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Electronics, Research and Development, Telecommunications, Facilities, Biotechnology, Petrochemical, Information Technology (IT), and many more.