General Maintenance Helper – Houston, TX
Work schedule: Mon – Thurs. 6 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. OT as required
Pay Rate: 14hr
- The General Maintenance/Helper ensures the facilities are tidy and functional, and helps with the production activities of the Paint Department and Warehouse.
- The General Maintenance Worker efforts actively support our mission of ensuring reliable, durable and safe operations for our customers by furnishing the highest quality industrial HVAC systems.
- Performs cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, and collecting and dumping trash
- Performs clean-up in General areas for client attended Factory Acceptance Testing
- Sets-up and break-down tables and chairs for Safety meetings and other company functions
- Clean company function utensils and coolers as needed
- Breaks down cardboard boxes and wood crates for disposal
- Performs minor fixes such as repairing broken locks
- Conducts maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Ensures Production/Engineering building copy machines have adequate paper supplies
- Assists the paint department workers in preparing HVAC parts for the paint booth
- Assists the warehouse department with shipping and receiving tasks as needed
- Completes assigned tasks within the allotted hours with minimum to no rework
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Operates forklift to transport supplies and equipment
- Makes local pick-ups and deliveries as needed in company vehicle
- And all other duties as assigned
- One (1) year minimum of General Maintenance experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to operate forklift
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to operate common hand tools
- Strong communications skills in order to maintain effective working relationships
- Requires forward thinking, logical planning and ability to work productively in team environment
- Working Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to paint fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Safety requirements for this position are safety glasses and steel-toed work boots.
- Other PPE will be provided based on assignment or as needed.
- Able to meet all of the below physical requires with or without reasonable accommodation
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds of force routinely and able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods of time, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, grasp
- Able to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms