Design Engineer Aerospace
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Dynamic Systems Design - Ejection Seats
The position will be responsible for providing engineering deliverables through all phases of development, bid and proposals, support through qualification testing, and initial production implementation. This individual will propose new technology, create innovative design solutions, execute design reviews, work directly with customers, and support testing of the ejection seat products. This position is a Mechanical Design Engineer within the Dynamic Systems Engineering Team.
This person would make design decisions using strong fundamentals, coach others in making good design choices, and interface with the customer, value stream leadership, and program chief (technical program leader). This person would also support ejection seat manufacturing for testing or delivery to customers, root cause corrective action activities, and writing test plans and reports to meet contract obligations.
· Work as part of a cohesive team with test engineering, product engineering, system engineering, and program management
· Support through all phases of design including; bid and proposal, conceptual design, preliminary design, detailed design, qualification testing, new product introduction, and production implementation.
· Successfully execute on design/project tasks required to develop and qualify aircraft ejection seats by ensuring technical scope integrity and budget/schedule accuracy
· Support aftermarket and operations with engineering dispositions, customer communications, and occasional on-site engineer-on-call support
· Support program by technical writing presentations and reports for customer approval
· Support Program Management with any preparation of bids and proposals
· Support Systems Engineering on requirements analysis and the requirement compliance plan.
· Provide technical leadership and mentorship in engineering fundamentals and professionalism to less experienced members of the Dynamic Systems Team.
· B.S. in Engineering, Aerospace or Mechanical preferred or equivalent experience
· 4-8 years experience in a design engineering role
· Experience with design of mechanical components, fasteners, linkages and mechanisms, fabrics, and gears
· Experience with interpreting and creating equipment specifications, facilitating verification testing, and generation of qualification and certification documentation.
· Hands-on experience with assembly, troubleshooting, and testing
· Experience with tolerance stack ups – fits and clearances.
· Working knowledge of aerospace materials, processes, and finishes.
· Experience with manufacturing processes, including but not limited to machined elements, forging, casting, injection molding, thermal forming, and sheet metal fabrications
· Experience with machining, sheet metal, composites, and fabric design
· Understanding of mechanical principles to solve classical mechanics and dynamics design problems
· The candidate must be motivated, a strong team player, and able to work in a team environment.
· Outstanding communication skills, especially cross-discipline
· Exhibit a positive attitude in a dynamic environment, and great mentoring/delegating skills
· US citizenship is required
· CAD modeling of parts and constraint assembly, with associated detail drawings and layouts utilizing Siemens NX CAD software, Enovia PLM
· ANSI Y14.5 and working familiarity with GDT.
· Previous experience in the aerospace and defense industry
· Previous experience with aircraft cockpit, crew station, escape system, ejection seat, or crew systems design
· Previous experience with energetic cartridge actuated devices or propellant actuated devices
· Previous experience of aerospace/military specifications
NESC has specialized divisions to support many varied staffing needs. We currently service, but are not limited to, the following industries: Healthcare, Nuclear, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Electronics, Research and Development, Telecommunications, Facilities, Biotechnology, Petrochemical, Information Technology (IT), and many more.
NESC Staffing, Corp
AddressColorado Springs, CO
TechnologyView all jobs at NESC Staffing, Corp
Get fresh Aerospace Mechanical Design Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!