Cognizant Systems Engineer Communications
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
6 month contract - Per diem - Logging and Meals 7 days a week
The successful candidate(s) will be expected to perform the following duties of this position in the areas of Communication systems, but are not necessarily limited to:
Cognizant System Engineering
• Maintain overall cognizance of the system and be responsible for system engineering support for operations and maintenance.
• Perform equipment equivalency evaluations for the replacement of obsolete parts.
• Understand system design and operation, including conformance to environmental Resource and Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA), safety, and health requirements.
• Understand and follows processes:
o Maintenance Management
o Work Control
o Change Control
o Document Control
o Drawing Control
o Conduct of Operations
o Agent Safety
o Limiting Conditions of Operations (LCOs)
• Procurement, replacement, and related quality assurance requirements.
• Working knowledge of the plant’s operation.
• Vendor recommendations, manuals, and any product warnings.
• Coordinate closely with other technical disciplines in planning and executing work as an integrated team.
• Generate material requisitions for procurement of configured plant equipment and components.
• Perform submittal reviews on vendor supplied configured plant equipment and components.
• Resolve technical issues related to discipline and discuss with third parties (customer, suppliers, and regulators).
• Perform field walkdowns.
• Coordinate resolutions of technical issues within engineering discipline, with other engineering disciplines, and with operations, maintenance, and work planners.
• Ensure that system configuration is being managed effectively.
• Answering system(s) Nonconformance Reports.
• Supporting permit modifications by attending any meetings and providing field walk downs, as required, with State of Colorado representative
• Complete required training and maintain qualifications associated with assignments.
• The basic CSE qualification level includes prerequisite education and experience, training, familiarization with the PCAPP design, permitting and operational plans, and knowledge of processes and procedures applicable to CSE duties. Required reading is an important part of this qualification program and numerous required readings must be completed before satisfying the job requirements. The reading topics may not all be the same for all CSE qualification packages and are at the discretion of the Engineering Manager.
• In addition to the basic CSE qualification level, PCAPP CSEs will be assigned one or more PCAPP systems for specific qualification. For system-specific requirements, the CSE must demonstrate detailed system specific knowledge including key technical requirements, design basis information, and system interfaces, and demonstrate an understanding of specific Safety and Regulatory assumptions/implications for operation of the system. Final evaluation will be done by oral interview assessment, system walk-down or a combination of the two.
• A CSE is fully qualified for his/her system when he/she has obtained the basic and system-specific qualifications.
• BA/BS degree in a communication related discipline, from an accredited college or university with at least 3 years of relevant work experience; or in lieu of a degree, minimum of 9 years of relevant work experience.
• Relevant experience includes but is not limited to, P&IDs, Electrical and logic drawings, knowledge and skill in Radio and fire protection systems, automation/information technology for plant operations in large industrial, utility or process plants.
NESC has specialized divisions to support many varied staffing needs. We currently service, but are not limited to, the following industries: Healthcare, Nuclear, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Electronics, Research and Development, Telecommunications, Facilities, Biotechnology, Petrochemical, Information Technology (IT), and many more.
NESC Staffing, CorpWhy Work Here?
It's an American company that designs, manufactures, and sells electrical and electronic products for non-residential and residential
NESC is a full service staffing agency providing work on a contract/temporary and permanent basis locally, regionally and nationally. Full Service to us means that we are committed to developing and maintaining relationships with our contractors and client companies. NESC has specialized divisions to support many varied staffing needs. We currently service, but are not limited to, the following industries: Healthcare, Nuclear, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Electronics, Research and Development, Telecommunications, Facilities, Biotechnology, Petrochemical, Information Technology (IT), and many more.