This individual will be responsible for daily sourcing, and procurement activities
Position Duties/Essential Functions:
- Maintain data integrity of purchase orders and inventories
- Proactively work to prevent shortages i.e. allocation of parts, component level shortages
- Plan, buy, monitor raw materials to support purchase parts inventory levels and production material requirements.
- Manage communication of revision changes to external suppliers. Provide change information and revised drawings.
- Assure that problems relating to delivery, quality or pricing are promptly communicated to the Supplier and resolved in a timely manner or escalated per standard procedures.
- Expedite material to ensure external and internal customer satisfaction
- Reconcile discrepancies between purchase order receipts and Accounts Payable.
- Manage the timely movement and maintenance of Non-Conforming purchased components from identification/NCR creation through MRB disposition and resulting actions.
· Evaluates Supplier quotes and services to determine the most desirable suppliers
· Performs a variety of tasks while working under supervision of Purchasing Manager. Some degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Must have Oracle experience
- BS/BA, or equivalent experience in purchasing, materials management or commodity management.
- Hands on experience and utilization of Oracle ERP/MRP along with Microsoft office and project products for materials management and tracking.
- Experienced in Lean and Kanban methods and processes.
- Work experience with ECOs and implementing ECO directives for materials, including purging stock, rework, assembly, scrap, etc in-house and with suppliers.
- Capable of multi-tasking and possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to interpret mechanical drawings.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with internal and external customers, solid decision making and problem solving skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.Strong negotiation skills.
· Lean manufacturing experience preferred
This is a contract position with a good change to convert into a permanent job
NESC has specialized divisions to support many varied staffing needs. We currently service, but are not limited to, the following industries: Healthcare, Nuclear, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Electronics, Research and Development, Telecommunications, Facilities, Biotechnology, Petrochemical, Information Technology (IT), and many more.