Job is in Gaithersburg MA
Are you looking to kick-start your career by working for a dynamic company that provides services for its members? Are you passionate about the opportunity to apply innovative approaches in your work? The NEA Member Benefits is looking for a candidate who as a member of the CMO’s senior leadership team and the Director of Product Management & Marketing, will provide strategic and tactical leadership to the teams who manage and market the products and solutions made available to members.
The candidate will develop a highly effective direct and digital marketing organization that uses customer-centric tactics, data-driven strategies, digital innovation and branded communications to accelerate growth in a mission-driven affinity marketing company. Candidate will also lead a staff to develop and implement product strategies, cultivate partner relationships, manage budgets and agencies, and execute integrated marketing campaigns.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing Strategy and Management: Collaborates with the CMO, Digital Director and Agency to develop marketing direction and overall strategy that carries forth the brand promises with high impact, integrated marketing programs balancing the delivery on product partner goals and meeting the needs of member.
Member Insights: Collaborates with the Analytics Team to leverage insights that support efforts to drive value to members and create a culture of data-driven decisions and ensures the Product Teams employ analytics in their strategic and operational decision-making.
Product P&L Management: Leads the teams who directly manage the portfolio of products and associated partners to ensure program growth and retention and oversee the development of funding plans, participation goals and marketing strategies.
Product Line Growth and Enhancement: Identifies ways to provide new funding and revenue sources with the introduction of new product opportunities or expansion of current products, which are based on member needs and which support NEA MBs’ mission.
Business Development: In collaboration with the Business Development team, leads Product Teams in the successful implementation and operation of new products.
Partner Relationship Management: Establishes sound partners relationships with regular communications that facilitate the exchange of information, ideas and updates.
Staff Management. Leads a team of professional staff to achieve the goals identified. Coaches’ staff into a highly performing team who is committed and equipped to achieve the goals established.
Budget and Financial Management: Guides the team to prepare the annual budgets that support the achievement of the goals identified in the strategic plan.
· BA/BS in business marketing or a related concentration or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree. MBA strongly preferred
· A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in:
- Brand management
- Product portfolio management with preferred experience on financial or other regulated products
- Account/partnership management
- Product development within an association or employee benefit market
- Contract negotiations
- Strategic planning
- Product evaluation
- Budget preparation
- Direct and digital marketing with a demonstrated understanding of:
§ Production, modeling, segmentation, target audience planning, campaign analytics
§ Multi-channel, personalized, behavior-based triggered marketing
§ Social media engagement
§ Content Marketing
· Proficient understanding and experience in translating business and marketing objectives and strategies into marketing programs
· Passion for Marketing and drive for results
· Proficiency in conducting competitive analytics and reporting. Working knowledge of business intelligence / analytics tools, such as Spotfire
· Demonstrated experience creating a high performing team of professional employees, managing change, and leading teams in matrix-managed atmospheres to produce results through teamwork
· Handles complexity in managing priorities, problem solving and decision-making
· Adept in making data driven strategic decisions based on analytics