Assistant Lead Maintenance
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Experienced Apartment Assistant Lead Maintenance Technician
Conducts all business by company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA ADA, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, and all other laws about apartments.
- Performs maintenance tasks personally or delegates to assistants. Oversees and inspects work performed by assistants.
- Institutes and manages the system for handling resident service requests. Corrects situations within 24 hours when possible.
- Schedules maintenance personnel in conjunction with the manager so that maintenance is available for emergency purposes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Conducts regularly scheduled safety meetings with entire staff; maintains and communicates HAZCOM standards. Keeps MSDS sheets current and readily accessible. Maintains thorough knowledge of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing property storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics, and refrigerants.
- Must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the community and immediately correct unsafe conditions, e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned-out exterior lights.
- Maintains accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment regularly. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
- Trains and assists in the development of all subordinate maintenance staff. Instills a “safety first” attitude not only with maintenance technicians but with all staff.
- Instructs staff on proper use and guidelines for wearing safety items.
- Diagnoses and performs minor and routine maintenance or repair involving the following daily.
- Electrical and Plumbing (including water lines).
- A/C and heating systems.
- Water irrigation systems.
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings.
- Tile, carpet, flooring.
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners.
- Interior/exterior lights.
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans.
- Gas fixtures and appliances where applicable.
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors.
- Boiler, gas, and electric.
- Door locks.
- Security systems.
- Ceiling leaks.
- Walls, texturing, painting.
- Pool areas, tile, hot tub/spa, pool furniture.
- Ensures that all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Reports all major repairs and requisitions to the manager before any expenditure of funds.
- Changes lock and make keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant. Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to a dumpster when necessary.
- Maintains adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
- Identifies all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts and prepares maps indicating the same
- Performs work area clean-up and safety-related duties.
- Ensures that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by manager or property supervisor.
- Position requires at least three years of experience in maintenance, on-site multi-family property maintenance, or equivalent field.
- Required to wear back support belt, goggles when working with specific equipment, masks, and gloves as tasks dictate.
- Minimum of 40 hours per week. Weekends as circumstances warrant; on-call on a rotating basis and for emergencies.
- An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools.
- Hand Tools –
- Various wrenches, hammers, grips, saws, sledgehammers, snips, posthole diggers, etc.
- Power Tools –
- Grinders, sanders, buffers, saws, drills, etc.
- User-Mover Aids –
- Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical Equipment –
- Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electrical and hand-powered drills, etc.
- Measuring Devices –
- Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, gauges, etc.
Education and Training
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT) desired
- HVAC/EPA License
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO)
- Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician desired
- Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Must be available evenings, nights, weekends for staffing needs and emergencies.
- Be able to stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Estimate 70-85% of the time is spent on feet.
- Able to move equipment and appliances.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task.
- Have occasional need to perform the following physical activities:
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Reach above shoulder
- Grasp/Grip/Turn tools and equipment to perform routine repairs.
- Finger dexterity to handle tools.
- Lift 25-50 Lbs. Note: Lifting and carrying items over 50 lbs. should be done using assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washers/dryers, refrigerators, A/C units, abandoned sofas, etc.
- Push or pull 75 Lbs.
- Good Vision – frequently need to see things clearly beyond arm’s reach—constant need to see small detail when performing routine maintenance duties.
- Good Hearing – must use listening skills to diagnose needed repairs.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with an attitude toward customer service.
- Performs duties under pressure and meets deadlines promptly.
- Works as part of a team to complete assignments.
- Takes instruction from supervisors.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Interacts with co-workers, supervisors, guests, and the public professionally and pleasantly.
- Frequent need to utilize personal transportation to pick up the replacement parts and supplies from vendors. Rotation “on-call” status may occasionally require expedient travel to assigned property at a moment’s notice.
- MUST be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate an appropriate course of action. Must effectively convey ideas, images, and goals to a diverse group of personalities
Job Type: Full-time
NE Property Management
13600 N Blackwelder AveOklahoma City, OK
Real EstateView all jobs at NE Property Management
Get fresh Lead Maintenance Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.